Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever..? Part 1

Yes. I was 7 and nearly drowned because I couldn't swim then. My brother dived in to save me has I dipped for the final time, and discovered the canal was only 4ft deep. I could have stood up had I tried. Doh.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
YES! I fell in Guildford canal while trying to change out of some clothes that I had already got soaked in a nightclub. I was saved by some Canadians of all people!

I must add, I was very, very drunk.:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i fell in a duck pond once, then woke up in a hedge with a slug in my hair

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Yes, as a kid. I fell off a narrowboat on the Llangollen canal.Luckily i could swim and i got pulled out pretty damn quick.Shit me up a bit though.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Guinness Dave said:
i fell in a duck pond once, then woke up in a hedge with a slug in my hair
YOU HAD HAIR?:eek:

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Knew there would be some fun stories out there! I fell in a canal somewhere around the Cheshire RING three summers back. I was pulling the barge in to moor it and I slipped on a wet stone and went in up to my waist in front of several people. :blush: Could have been worse - I could have fallen in up Manchester's Canal Street where the water is six parts water, four parts rentboy love wee. :(

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Falmer Pond...when it was frozen over one year and fell into the sewage bit near the pipe...got covered in bits of poo!

:nono:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
No.

But Paddy in a drunken stupor fell (though he will tell you he was pushed) in the river/canal next to the Compleat Angler in Norwich when we played away there last season. He had to rescued by a kind police man and was sopping wet all the way through the game.

Last edited:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Nope. But I have witnessed a canal incident.. it was on a barge trip up the Avon.. ended with one of the guys hanging from a bridge before falling into the water.

He forgot to duck

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here