Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever felt less enthusiastic about an England match before?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Obviously the fans don't, as this as a 90,000 sell out and has been for weeks.

(Bad fan tonight though, missing my first England home game for many years)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Obviously the fans don't, as this as a 90,000 sell out and has been for weeks.

(Bad fan tonight though, missing my first England home game for many years)

With out wishing to piss on your bonfire how many of those 90k are full paying and how many are from London paying no where near the full price?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
With out wishing to piss on your bonfire how many of those 90k are full paying and how many are from London paying no where near the full price?

Why does coming from London give you a discount? :facepalm:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

t will be cold and damp, and Fabio Capello's England squad has been ravaged by injuries, but the FA can purr with satisfaction at the prospect of a full Wembley Stadium on Wednesday night.

A capacity crowd of 90,000 is expected for a friendly international between two nations still rebuilding after miserable World Cup campaigns.
Home of football: Wembley Stadium will be full for England's friendly with France on Wednesday
The public backing is thanks to the new tactics from the FA's marketing arm, with an emphasis on online advertising and the specific targeting of fans in the South East, within a two-hour journey of the national stadium.

The prices help too, with top tickets set at £40, family tickets (two adults and two children) available for £60 and 1,300 tickets sold to local Brent residents for just £5.
The match is France's first game at the new Wembley. Their last visit was in February 1999 when a crowd of 74,111 saw the then World champions win 2-0 against an England team managed by caretaker boss Howard Wilkinson.

Read more: England v France at Wembley gives the FA 90,000 reasons to cheer | Mail Online

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I couldn't be more enthusiastic about tonights game.

I finally got round to ordering series 2 of The Wire.
I'm going to make some serious inroads into that tonight.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yawn Yawn Yawn - Do we REALLY have to have a thread saying exactly the same thing 'Have you ever felt less enthusiastic about an England match before?' We've literally had one of these every game since the WC. Simple thing really - if you don't want to support your country - don't watch!

As for this 'flicking over to the Apprentice' lark - that's what Sky plus and I-Player are for?! I would never want to watch anything but live football wehen it's Albion or England and I'm a big fan of the Apprentice!

Ah but what you forget is that people are used to looking forward to watching England but recent history has made far too many people not give a shit. The fact that they are saying they don't give a shit is a worry. your "Don't bother to post" really isn't the answer.

You and I have had run ins over England on here a few times, today I do give a shit because I am intrigued to see how the two countries have approached being completely shithouse, France probably more than us, during the World Cup.

Getting arsey with posters because they don't share your enthusiasm is not the answer

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I will watch because I love watching England, but however well many of the new players play it will be pointless as the clueless one will go back to the tried and tested failures of the past when they are fit and continue to employ an outdated style and system of play.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
I'll be watching. But there's definitely a lot of potential that I'll be changing channels to watch The Apprentice at 9.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

t will be cold and damp, and Fabio Capello's England squad has been ravaged by injuries, but the FA can purr with satisfaction at the prospect of a full Wembley Stadium on Wednesday night.

A capacity crowd of 90,000 is expected for a friendly international between two nations still rebuilding after miserable World Cup campaigns.
Home of football: Wembley Stadium will be full for England's friendly with France on Wednesday
The public backing is thanks to the new tactics from the FA's marketing arm, with an emphasis on online advertising and the specific targeting of fans in the South East, within a two-hour journey of the national stadium.

The prices help too, with top tickets set at £40, family tickets (two adults and two children) available for £60 and 1,300 tickets sold to local Brent residents for just £5.
The match is France's first game at the new Wembley. Their last visit was in February 1999 when a crowd of 74,111 saw the then World champions win 2-0 against an England team managed by caretaker boss Howard Wilkinson.

Read more: England v France at Wembley gives the FA 90,000 reasons to cheer | Mail Online

That's bollocks that article.

If only 1300 tickets were sold to Brent residence why did they leaflet pretty much all of the borough?

Half price England tickets for Brent residents - Harrow Observer

Word is they'd only sold 44k tickets and saw it as a PR disaster prior to the 2018 decision.

Edit: just seen this: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/846310-tickets-to-england-v-france-on-sale-for-just-5

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave

Not sure about those figures. Tickets sales about a month ago stood at 44,000 and then tickets at £10 (adult) and £5 (children) were made available to Brent residents and other target areas. The match then magically within days became sold out. I wander how many of the expensive seats were sold at £10 and £5?

I doubt the FA will ever tell us the figure

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ah but what you forget is that people are used to looking forward to watching England but recent history has made far too many people not give a shit. The fact that they are saying they don't give a shit is a worry. your "Don't bother to post" really isn't the answer.

You and I have had run ins over England on here a few times, today I do give a shit because I am intrigued to see how the two countries have approached being completely shithouse, France probably more than us, during the World Cup.

Getting arsey with posters because they don't share your enthusiasm is not the answer

Yes yes you win. You're right. England are shit. Won't bother watching. Yes yes yes. yes. yes

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Grand slam of Darts for me. Will now only watch England once a team completely devoid of any of the donkeys ( other than Ashley Cole) take the - The golden generation golden at what - being shite?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Twattish immature response

:lolol: Well said in a very mature manner yourself. Actually couldn't be bothered to argue the toss as I accept I unfortunately have different views from most on here on England (I'm an actual England fan).

You called me too intense last time so what's the point in arguing it?

Oh and f*** off to you for your comment ya knob :thumbsup:

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Decided to give up after the world cup debacle.

Watched the second half that Zamora played in after receiving a text to say he had been brought on. Wanted to see the great man in an England shirt.

Did not watch tonight's match, and total apathy towards the national team now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here