Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever fallen asleep during a game?

Have you ever fallen asleep during a game?

• Yes

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • No

Votes: 46 71.9%
  • No, but I once fell over the chair in front and spent the rest of the game unconscious

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Due to being drunk or just the game being incredibly dull, have you ever nodded off during a game?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Yes. 1969 Spurs v Leeds. I couldn't remember the first half.It was a boring draw.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Sure have. This season, the FA cup game against Coventry. I'd been awake since Friday, and thought it would be amusing to go to the football. It wasn't.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
D'Angelo Saxon said:
Sure have. This season, the FA cup game against Coventry. I'd been awake since Friday, and thought it would be amusing to go to the football. It wasn't.

Same, in the seat next to him. We must have looked a right pair of charlies.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Chris Waddle got booked whilst falling asleep waiting to take a free kick when he played at Marseille

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not at a live game. Even though some of them should have made me nod off!

I do, however, frequently fall asleep when watching live games on TV. I nodded off through most of the first half of Man U V Liverpool yesterday (and I hadn't had a drink!)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I almost fell asleep on the terraces at York having arrived for opening time and ended up in a bar at the ground, watching the players warm up through a window.

When half time came I felt really tired and sat down and I think I dozed for a bit before the second half

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
At England v Greece in 2001. Went out the night before and only just had time for a shower before I had to catch the train for manchester. Carried on drinking on the train and managed to fall asleep for most of the first half. I also missed Beckhams equiliser by leaving early. :nono:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Without the excuse of alcohol consumption i would suggest the nearest i have come was Jurgen Somner's only appearance away to Cambridge United (1991?)

Quite the worst Albion game i have ever seen with my only recollection being that just before the end Clive Walker hit an easy chance wide that would have ended our misery.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here