Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have You Ever Been On The Pitch ?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
You know the bits of Turf that go flyin when you kick the ball and a lump of turf goes further than the ball (when I play it does anyhow!!)

:lolol:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Withdean - A few times
Port Vale - Did the REMF flag before the match after we won div 2 and were on the pitch un folding it (kind of counts)
Grimsby - When we got relegated.
Goldstone - A few times
Wembley - Concerts

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Goldstone
Withdean
Lincoln
Grimsby
Doncaster
Wrexham
Shrewsbury (All end of season games apart from Doncaster)

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Goldstone - several times

Withdean - two championship celebrations

Shrewsbury - promotion celebration

Rochdale - protest against Bellotti in main stand culminated in several of us walking around edge of pitch to get to him, even though it's highly unlikely we would have done much other than hurl abuse. anyway we got chased by stewards and home fans called us into their end, where they prevented us from getting ejected. :clap:

Bognor - in 87 or 88 saw them knock Exeter out of FA Cup 1st Round. as kids me and my mate joined the hundreds of other fans to go over the gloat at the City fans. i think that same day one of their fans climbed up a floodlight, although that may have been Torquay in the next round!

Wembley - Oasis gig

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Goldstone (numerous down the years, celebrating and protesting)
Withdean (couple, all celebrating promotion)
Doncaster (protesting)
Rochdale (protesting)
Shrewsbury (celebrating promotion)
Leyton Orient (transferred from one stand to another).
Southampton (last game at Dell)
Bournemouth (hastily erected wall at front collapsed)

Think that's it.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Back in the 70s all of us kids used to run on the pitch after the game at the Goldstone!

Did the same at a Crystal Palace V Everton game (Everton were my "First Division" Team in those days).

Likewise Aldershot after a 1 -1 draw in 1975.

Did the Same at Chesterfield on the last day of the season under Mullery (76/77?). We had just been promoted. That turned into a bit of a riot!

Withdean after warching the last REMF game!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I think most of the crowd came on the pitch when we got promoted in '65. They weren't so fussy in those days.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Goldstone
Ullevi Stadium Gothenburg (Aberdeen winning European Cup winners cup)
Pittodrie
Tynecastle
Lincoln
Grimbsby last season walking to the press box
Withdean
Hampden loads as a kid

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Shrewsbury
Port Vale
Grimsby
Goldstone (loads of times, but notably the last game v Donny)

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
The Goldstone a couple of times. the one I remember the most is obviously the last game at the Goldstone,
The other was the Wembley tour

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Ran on with all my mates after we beat York City 7-2 around '75-76 I think. MOTD cameras were there so it was the done thing to run on wearing a parka & wave yer scarf. My Mum went mental when she saw me!

Aldershot away in the league cup, bit naughty!

Orient away in the cup, bit naughty too!

When we beat Cheaterfield for the title, I ran on the pitch and my shoe got stuck in the mud and came off :lolol: So I carried on running. And some big bloke in a leather jacket picked me up and bear hugged me.

A bit later a mate rung me and said Did I just see you on Sky Sports news running accross the Withdean pitch with one shoe on :lolol:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Went on the Goldstone pitch in May 1977 when BHA got promotion v Sheff wed (pm KO, 6th may i think, won 3-2, 32,000 people there)

Been on the pitch loads of times at Withdean because i used to work for Ecovert and that involved going to Withdean on a friday to try to get rid of the puddles....that was several years ago tho' :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here