Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever been asked for your autograph?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yes. At a cup final I was playing in by some little kid and at Sheffield Station by some Japanese tourist who thought I was Jarvis Cocker.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
All the time..

'Biscuit, Biscuit! Please sign this for me? Go on please, I've read all your posts!'

Either that or they think I'm Dan Harding.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Richie Morris said:
Yes. At a cup final I was playing in by some little kid and at Sheffield Station by some Japanese tourist who thought I was Jarvis Cocker.

Funny you should mention the Japanese... I was just grabbed by two girls waving a pen and their Street Performance World Cup Program in my face. Before I knew what was happening I had signed all over their books, shook their hands and scarpered to the beer tent before they realised I wasn't actually the six foot two muscular Russian gymnast they had somehow mistaken me for... :blush:

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Only by the woman behind the till at the petrol station. ( Even though I've been on tele 4 times ).

Spicy2

Aug 12, 2004
London
Yes, every day.:jester:

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Richie Morris said:
I did not have the heart to tell her I wasnt.

Me too - but now I feel like a right arse. Those two poor girls will be all excited until they compare their book with their mates who really DID meet the the two suprisingly flexible Russians....

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I done a Karaoke Session in a pub complete with a few jokes and this old couple asked me for mine, though I was some entertainer or something! Also got loads of free beer for my efforts that night too...marvelous scenes indeed!

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Richie Morris said:
Im waiting to see my scribbled 'Jarvis' appear on Ebay.

I guess if I'd have have been even remotely on the ball I'd have attempted to scrawl the signature of the rubbery Russian instead of signing MY OWN name... :shootself

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
:lolol: This thread is brilliant.

Signing 'Jarvis' shows a sprinkling of intelligence..but just signing your own name?? Thats quality. :lolol:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Was in a club one night and a mate got in some hassle and was kicking off outside. Bouncers piled in and uttered the line 'move along Jarvis. No trouble here' Tossbags.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I used to work the scoreboard at Sussex CCC and, for a reason I still don't understand, a kid collared me as I came out of the box for the tea interval and asked for my autograph on his bat.

I felt a bit guilty as I signed it "Donald Bradman".

Lush

Mods' Pet
i was once followed around Paris by a group of kids who thought I was Dolores O'Riordan from the Cranberries.

I had short bleached blonde hair at the time and was wearing a man's dark suit jacket, white T-shirt and jeans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here