• No, you'll never take me alive, copper

Votes: 67 58.3%
  • Ok, once, but please don't tell the wife

Votes: 22 19.1%

• Total voters

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
not arrested, though stopped while driving a few times- duff tail light, and driving 'too slow' on the bypass (v bad weather, i couldn't see the exit, and it was a skoda..!) etc...

also had a couple of breath tests during their christmas crackdowns - all clear, so no harm done.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Yes a couple of times, but no criminal record, although I did get a drink driving ban a few years back, I was slaughtered driving home from a club on my Vespa. In hindsight they did me a favour as they nicked me just before turning onto the North Circular, which probably wouldn't have been fun. Fortunately they didn't find the Mitsubishis in my pocket, which I'd totally forgotten about - doh!

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Mostly down to Bellotti and Archer for me

Cautioned at Hull back in the 80's just after the football spectators bill came in which made it illegal to take alcohol on a minibus to football, we all got a caution. We parked up in the official car park, but one idiot got out with a can and they found our supplies! (we also lost 5-2!). Got a letter from Humberside Police about 2 weeks later, which my Mum wanted an explanation for!

The Lincoln pitch invasion, got arrested leaving the Carlisle home match a few weeks later. Got banged up in cells at Hove for a few hours before being let go with a caution. Got a 1 year ban from the Goldstone (have framed my letter from Bellotti) but got this overturned on appeal to the Police, which really annoyed him. I think we lost 4-2, Warren Aspinal scored a great goal for them. Didnt miss a game during the time I was banned as a mate got us tickets for the West Stand and a couple of us sat at the back away from the Police. Only time the ban almost worked was when a few of us were refused entry away at Leyton Orient by the Sussex Old Bill (Shiltons 1,000 match I think). We just walked round and went in the home end!

Arrested at Doncaster as we all had a go at Bellotti as he came out into the Directors box (so didnt even see kick off!). Police said "if we had a camera we would take picture and send it back to Sussex police", but for some reason they didn't and just threw me after giving me a caution. Saw the game from outside and got back in for last 15 minutes but I think we lost 3-0

Dark days, but it was also great fun as you never knew what was going to happen next. I felt I couldnt just sit back and let the club be destroyed so for once decided to get actively involved, luckily just 2 cautions so no damage done. Unlike poor old Trigger who got the brunt of Bellottis anger.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
yes, as a callow youth...c.1987 at Birmingham... Ian Chapman's debut

one of the first victims of Mrs Thatcher's brainchild offence of being drunk at a sporting arena...

all pretty stupid really - only saw about 30 seconds of the game - didn't do anything wrong apart from fall over a lot - but a bit of an experience (hoiked out the front of our pen, marched round the pitch to the holding cells under the stand, in the van to the local nick, parents were phoned and they classically didn't believe the OB and demanded a blood test...!, worst bit was having to go all the way back up there a couple of weeks later for the magistrates' court, slap on the wrist and £75 fine...)

it certainly taught me to be more careful and avoid getting caught again!

Being arrested is nothing to be proud of.

Although, as a parent, I can't bring myself to be wholly ashamed of the young member of the Bracknell family who, at the age of 15, was lifted for throwing an egg at Michael Howard, then Home Secretary.

For some reason, the police officers who bundled him into the back of the van didn't seem to consider it the most serious matter they'd ever had to deal with.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yes and all I can tell you is that the Metropolitan Police don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Lord Bracknell said:

Although, as a parent, I can't bring myself to be wholly ashamed of the young member of the Bracknell family who, at the age of 15, was lifted for throwing an egg at Michael Howard, then Home Secretary.

For some reason, the police officers who bundled him into the back of the van didn't seem to consider it the most serious matter they'd ever had to deal with.

Surely that was a good thing throwng an egg at Michael Howard?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I was arrested in Ecuador (5 nights into my trip). Six of us were in a park after a curfew and two great big trucks full of armed police in camouflage pulled up and the men surrounded the park.

Turns out it was illegal not to have any I.D. in you and as our passports were with the British Embassy waiting for our voluntary visas, we were piled into the back of the trucks and transferred to another truck at an army base (full of drunks, druggies & prostitutes). We were then taken to the police HQ and thrown into a courtyard with armed guards. The ordeal lasted about 5 hours. They let two of my friends go back to the hostel to get our photocopies, but they got lost. :lol:

We were released at 1am and proceeded to get thoroughly pissed!

One of the best nights of my life, looking back on it. :clap2:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
nicked for ticket touting,last match at the goldstone.Imust be the worst tout in history,I had one ticket & the vast sum of£20 in my wallet. .charged & bailed to appear in the week following the Hereford game,which I was warned not to attend.Not suprisingly the charges were dropped the monday before I was due in court.
The thing that pissed me off was that I was held from 1.45 until 4.50when Icould easily have been released after 1/2 hour, as I was released from the cell one of the policemen said he thought it unusual for a tout to have a programme before saying never mind son(Iwas probably several years older than him) at least you won. I got the feeling he realised Iwasn't rich enough to be a tout,pity the arresting officer didn't eh!!

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Lord Bracknell said:

Did you threaten to overrule them?

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hmmm, 31 out of 72 who voted so far have had their collars felt.

An NSC ASBO is surely in order here :lolol:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I got detained at Heathrow Airport last year for being a suspected football hooligan. Got held for an hour and got the full good cop bad cop routine until all police checks came back clear. I even got a red card with a note saying I'd been cleared to travel but my name was on a database. If I didn't do anything then it would be cleaned off.

Wouldn't have minded but I was only going to Holland to see my mate in the Hague and watch the World Cup in a bar there!

...and no. I've never ever been in troublw with the police before that.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Nearly got caught by the fuzz, after jumping in the Old steine fountain during a New Years eve booze up. I sprinted away as fast as possible.

However, and I am ashamed to admit this, I got caught fare dodging. Seen as a civil crime and not a criminal one. Didn't have to appear at the magistrates court, but got fined approx £400.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
edna krabappel said:
Hmmm, 31 out of 72 who voted so far have had their collars felt.

An NSC ASBO is surely in order here :lolol:
Send these people back to where they come from if they can't abide by our rules! :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here