here it is...
Kerekes set for Seagulls
Monday, 26 July 2004

Players:

Paul Watson
Teams:

Brighton & Hove Albion

by Juha Pal & Simon Fudge
Brighton & Hove Albion look to have signed striker Zsombor Kerekes, according to reports in Hungary.
The tall Serbian hit-man, who carries a Hungarian EU passport, has been on trial with the South Coast club since the middle of July.

Kerekes arrived in Brighton following stints with Hungarian clubs Debreceni VSC and Pecsi MFC, as well as Chinese side Tianjin Taida.

Seagulls boss Mark McGhee has been keen to find a new front man following Chris Iwelumo's departure to German Second Division club Alemannia Aachen and it looks like he may be set to keep the Balkan hit-man in his Withdean Stadium squad.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
That Sky report is inaccurate and is based on speculation. He has not signed. Have you seen it on the official wesbite?

On second thoughts, ignore that comment, it says we have just signed Terry Connor. :lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
harry_h said:
Todays Argus say that he is on trial and will play v Southend

Maybe more funds have been found for him? Yes, I know (rose tinted glasses)

I did think he looked pretty reasonable at Crawley and I would have wanted another look at him.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think it's possibly more likely that MM was after someone else and that doesn't look like happening now so he has gone back to have another look at Kerekes.

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
he's playing tonight and in the next friendly, not signed though....yet.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
McGhee is having a second look at Kerekes tonight and on Saturday.

Malongo was the pick of the three initially, but the other two were not too far behind. Having looked at a couple of other options within the past week, McGhee now wants to see what Kerekes is like against league opposition.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Yorkie said:
Maybe more funds have been found for him? Yes, I know (rose tinted glasses)

Maybe you are right Yorkie

I didn't buy my 2004 Play Off merchandise for nothing, hopefully some of the £100,000's that the club made from the playoff run has worked its way down to the 2004/05 playing budget

Here's hoping anyway, as without a few more decent players...............

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Robert Lester Zamora said:
McGhee is having a second look at Kerekes tonight and on Saturday.

Malongo was the pick of the three initially, but the other two were not too far behind. Having looked at a couple of other options within the past week, McGhee now wants to see what Kerekes is like against league opposition.

RLZ,

what is happening with Ferret Talk on the official site? I thought it was going to be back on at the beginning of July...

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Official site says Kerekes is back for a second trial spell at the club. I guess Mcghee is still looking for his "big man" to play up front. I thought Kerekes looked useful against Crawley and was worth a longer trial spell at the club. Maybe his wage demands are dropping as the start of the season approaches and he is still without a club!

Good move - I thought Kerekes was hard done by after a promising performance against Crawley, good physical presence, strong on the ball, nice lay-offs, no speedster but with enough movement to be competitive. He did well apart from his finishing. Those in Southend tonight, this is the area to look out for!

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Bald Gull said:
RLZ,

what is happening with Ferret Talk on the official site? I thought it was going to be back on at the beginning of July...

"Ferret" is currently enjoying a rest after a hectic Euro 2004.

Also the fact that he hasn't been able to get off his arse and attend anything but the Worthing friendly hasn't helped!

Will probably return next week although format of contributions currently under review.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
i didnt think he was that good in the crawley game, he missed two sitters (fair enough one was offside but he didnt realise it) he looked to slow as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here