Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we seen the last of Vicente?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Last season he made 11 league starts and 7 sub appearances. In that time, he scored the goals that beat Portsmouth, made a brilliant and very underrated assist to find Buckley in the last minute against Leicester that also won us three points and took several set pieces that we scored from (Forest away, Leeds away etc). You could argue that he added 6-8 points to our tally in just 11 games. Ok, if he wasn't there we'd have someone else in his place, but they probably wouldn't score/assist on such a regular basis. Therefore, even if we only get 15 games out of him, I think he's worth it.

Good post and I agree with every word.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It will be a massive shame if Vincente does leave but the squad we have is so much stronger than this time last year we can easily fill the gap. I will miss the true class he showed at the Amex though!!!

Vicente is a bit of a sick note that we get to see every now and then, but this Vincente bloke I've read about on here from time to time, still haven't seen him rock up to the Amex yet?!?!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm surprised that so many posters think this isn't a problem.

None of us know how Orlandi or Lopez are going to perform, or whether Dean Hammond is going to any better than Bridcutt / Crofts / Vicente / Barnes / CMS. We've seen Vicente and we know at this level he's a game-changer.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Vicente is a luxury. A season or two ago, we couldn't carry a luxury player what with a smaller squad etc. Now with a larger squad its not a problem. He is our finest china plate (and as fragile) to be used sparingly.

Just enjoy him when you see him and if we dont cherish the memories
absolutely this :thumbsup:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Last season he made 11 league starts and 7 sub appearances. In that time, he scored the goals that beat Portsmouth, made a brilliant and very underrated assist to find Buckley in the last minute against Leicester that also won us three points and took several set pieces that we scored from (Forest away, Leeds away etc). You could argue that he added 6-8 points to our tally in just 11 games. Ok, if he wasn't there we'd have someone else in his place, but they probably wouldn't score/assist on such a regular basis. Therefore, even if we only get 15 games out of him, I think he's worth it.

Thoughtful, measured, considered, non-hysterical (wishing broken legs on players etc) and most of all.... completely correct.

Why don't you post like this more often?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think the Squad is a lot stronger now, and it will be difficult to even slot Vicente in with the subs let alone the first eleven.

The single most ridiculous thing I've read on the entire internet, in a very long time.

A FIT Vicente is the best footballer in the LEAGUE. It will not be in any way 'difficult' to find a place for him.

What our new strength in depth DOES mean, however, is that there will be no need to try to find a place for a half fit Vicente.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

That is your best post.

Probably ever :thumbsup:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I don't think it's about whether he is injured or not and can he make a number of impact sub appearances. I think it's more to do with the degree to which he wants to be here or if he's simply waiting for the club to lose patience and let him go home. Have my own thoughts but time will tell but undoubtedly a big miss if we can't get him to play

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Kieran Dyer or Vicente, who is injured the most - discuss.

He just seems one of these players that needs to be 110% fit and also feel 100% fit, otherwise its the treatment room. Whether as a team we are better with or without Vicente is an interesting one to debate, but clearly with the players brought in, we are a better abd stronger team that last year, regardless of whether Vicente plays.

Hopefully he is back soon, purely as he is clearly a player that excites everyone when playing. If not still have the memories of the goal away at Ipswich, the run against the entire Derby team..........

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Clearly, you have stated facts, and they would be hard to dispute.

However, there were, in my opinion, some big negatives about him playing.

Yes, he contributed an assist at Forest, but he also had a negative impact upon the team performance overall for example with the other players predictability in looking for him all of the time, making it easy to stop us playing. A similar thing tended to happen when he played at the end of last season, particularly away. Barnsley was a prime example.

With this season's recruits, there will be far less pressure on him to be the creativity for the team, and if he plays, I am convinced he will be a lot more effective.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Vicente is CLEARLY in Spain, lying on his sun-lounger, in a silk FC Elche robe, counting his PESETAS, laughing at taking us all for MUGS.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I should just point out that I was at the training ground this morning and walked past Vicente, in his training kit.

You didn't brush against him did you ? The reasons that people get impatient with him being out is we don't always get much info about his injuries but more that he is so fecking good we just want him back playing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here