Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we seen the last of Vicente?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
What we need is for kevtherev to make an outrageous pledge (which he will have no intention of carrying out) based on the number of starts he will have between now and the end of the season, and he'll turn into match-fit game-changer in no time.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
If he wasn't injury prone there'd be no chance of us having him! Why the pantomime has to follow this revelation I've no idea.

Absolutely, he is a crock. At 100% he'd be playing for Valencia or maybe Barca or Madrid. He plays for us because he's liable to break at any point. But when he is fit...

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Should never have forced his hand by extending his contract.

Really? Why not? The Club invested a small fortune into getting him fit, and had every right to protect that investment.

IF there is something untoward going on now, I hope they adopt a very hard line with him. If there is not, I hope we can sort him out again soon, because he is a great player, and will be better with the other quality around him.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wouldn't be too bothered if he didn't start another game for us. As long as he can come on for the last 20 mins or so while the opposition is tiring, I can see extra points being gained.

He has had a good game this season. Chelsea couldn't handle Vicente and Buckley surging forward in the friendly.

(Mind you, I don't know what we are paying Vicente, I'm assuming he's not cheap).

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
It's funny how he never gets injured in a match but always has a mysterious injury...

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Vicente is a luxury. A season or two ago, we couldn't carry a luxury player what with a smaller squad etc. Now with a larger squad its not a problem. He is our finest china plate (and as fragile) to be used sparingly.

Just enjoy him when you see him and if we dont cherish the memories

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Definately seems to be his choice of evening out on a Monday. saw him there same time last week.
I thought he was stalking me!

Sainsbury's will be chocca next Monday now. Likely they will break their all time attendance record and last time Vicente will be seen there too!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
He was always a risk, but a worth risk considering his pedigree. Gus knew it, TB knew it, the players knew it. We are stronger so we shouldn't miss him as much but when he is fit and ready, he will be the icing on the cake!

drummerboy10

Apr 18, 2012
It will be a massive shame if Vincente does leave but the squad we have is so much stronger than this time last year we can easily fill the gap. I will miss the true class he showed at the Amex though!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here