Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we seen the last of Vicente?

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Didn't we have this thread about thirty times last season? And then he got fit and everyone got giddy and excited? He has injuries. We know this. He goes missing for extended periods then turns up, plays half a dozen brilliant games and disappears again. Chill out ffs.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I think Vicente will be used sparingly… until 100%.

Vicente. 100%.

Nope, sorry, I just can't see those two words together.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Didn't we have this thread about thirty times last season? And then he got fit and everyone got giddy and excited? He has injuries. We know this. He goes missing for extended periods then turns up, plays half a dozen brilliant games and disappears again. Chill out ffs.

The question is, I think, should we carry him for 3/4 or a season for him to then play 6 games?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
If he rocks up at the play-off final, beats 5 men, rounds the keeper and sends us into the Premier League. Yes. :D

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The question is, I think, should we carry him for 3/4 or a season for him to then play 6 games?

He was involved in TWENTY games last season.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Oh but don't worry, it'll be fine if we can get him fit for 9 or 10 games this season. Let's just get him fit and hope for the best.

What a load of bollocks. I think with the players we've got now we can happily wave goodbye to ol' Vicente.

WORD.

Vicente is a joy to watch, but surely with Gus's new signings we have the creativity we lacked when he wasn't playing.

If his name is not in the squad it no longer bothers me.

I would let him go if that's what he wants, just as long it doesn't impact the other recent signings (BRUNO).

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Thigh injury. I suspect he has to be fit to play well. At least it is not a knee injury. We might have to do without him for some time. I was looking forward to his partnership with Dobbie. With both Crofts and Vicente out we are a bit below full strength.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Had a look at the Argus and IIRC it says he has an inflamed thigh tendon.

Given that this is pretty specific about his injury, there is no reason to think that this is a case of him not wanting to play, or anything else like that.

As has also been pointed out, there were times last season, and especially during the close season, where we thought it was over between us, and it was not.

So let's just wait and see, and be very glad that we have such a great squad now that we don't have to pin any hopes for success this season on a player whose long term fitness is currently in doubt.

Today he is a luxury but not a necessity, and I think that is best for everyone involved tbh.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Thigh injury. I suspect he has to be fit to play well. At least it is not a knee injury. We might have to do without him for some time. I was looking forward to his partnership with Dobbie. With both Crofts and Vicente out we are a bit below full strength.

Luckily we now have Lopez, Orlandi and Hammond who fill these roles nicely.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
To be fair, it's all gone quiet on EVERY front. Bloody international breaks. BORINGZZZZZZZZZZ

tell me about it, I dont even watch the England games, it would be different if you could actually get excited about England but you cant get excited about that load of over paid trollop............its been a long two weeks!!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I'm in two minds really..... Is one of the most talented players I've ever seen in the stripes

However I sometimes feel we look better without him in the side

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Rambling Thoughts

Luckily we now have Lopez, Orlandi and Hammond who fill these roles nicely.

We have got to have a strong squad but I see Crofts and Vicente as out two best players. We always needed an understudy for Vicente is playing and he goes off injured and Orlandi seems to fit the bill instead of my original choice of Gai Assulin.

Without Crofts and Vicente we will have to play a different way. I see them (if fit) as automatic first choices with Kooshank. Crofts would be a first choice even if 90% fit.

If we play the England system, Bridcutt and Hammond would be the equivalent to Gerrard and Lampard. In other words a completely daft Hodgson rigid system (4-2-3-1). Simple to play and simple to counter. To my mind the understudy for Andrew Crofts would be Matt Sparrow (but he is out of it now, and Gary Dicker will play). (4-1-4-1 leaving out Hammond)

So the forward midfield ideally would be perm four from Vicente, Crofts, Buckley, and one other. It looks as though all three will be missing against Sheffield Wednesday. A chance to see the new players but not our strongest team ???

I have not got a clue about Lopez. He looks like a striker to me. (In the Torres of Chelsea mould ???) I don't see how Dobbie fits in (did OK for Blackpoool though.)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
What softens this potential blow is our record when he is on the pitch.

I think he may still figure but can't see us getting more than 10 games out of him.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
It is really frustrating that he is injured, but that is because he is THAT good. Without doubt, he is pure quality to be playing in the stripes. The new signings are very exciting but for me, if he is fit, he is an unbelievable player to be on the pitch.

Perhaps not on Friday, but I am confident we will have him back soon and he will have a massive impact on our season. The difference is, with the new signings looking so good, on top of the squad we have already, there is no need to rush him back in action too early, like we did against Cardiff, for the last ten mins where he didn't look 100%.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here