Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we got the worst midfield in the division?

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
The names of Hart, Oatway, Carpenter and Watson hardly inspire me with confidence when they are read out.

Hart - tries hard but seems to be missing something, few good crunching tackles but not much else.

Oatway - again tries hard but for a midfield terrier, makes surprisingly few tackles

Carpenter - could be better but dragged down by those around him

Watson - terrible, simply terrible, doesnt go in for tackles, get crosses in, or even pass to the right player sometimes!

On Sat we were crying out for a midfielder who would put his foot on the ball, try a few tricks, beat his man and get a cross in, Wycombe had Currie and Bulman who looked dangerous at every attempt and were willing to create, where we relied on corners and throw ins to get a whiff of a chance.

Its quite worrying really and don't get me started on our left side, Mayo and Watson interlinking :nono:

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
I just find it quite depressing when Im watching us play the bottom of the league side, and wishing some of their players were in a Brighton shirt and some of ours were in the Wycombe colours :(

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Without Piercy and Rodger there is no creativity which makes them look really bad.

Some of the breaks from the midfield were okay on saturday but we need BROOKER back.

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
I think it was a corner, which was headed up into air, Hart challenged and the Benji flicked it in.

Rodger for Oatway, Piercey for Hart, and anyone for Watson would make a big difference

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Oatway was class against Plymouth. I do not think we should lay blame over no creativity at the feet of a defensive midfielder because it is not his role to be creative, more to prevent opponents from being so. This he does well.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Agree with Ritchie's statement about Oatway.

Carpenter is Div1 standard, he played well all last season.

We are missing a creator and I believe Simon Rodger is that person when he returns.

Hart has gone off the boil and needs a rest.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I don’t think that we have a bad midfield. But the situation isn’t helped by the fact players like Hart are still trying to find their form.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here