Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we got the most pessimistic,miserable whinging fans in the world?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Too many posters who seem to be incapable of saying anything complimentary about anything to do with the club, and yes it does make for depressing reading

I agree with that, but I don't agree that our fans moan the most.

NSC is full of moaners does not mean our fans moan the most. NSC is an outlet for those that moan (and those that laud the club). It's just that moaning is always louder than quiet satisfaction or general contentedness.

ALL FANS MOAN ON MESSAGE BOARDS - go and read one for any club. You could almost strip out the club name and insert any other in any conversation and you'll get the same stuff.

NSC has moaners, yes. "Have we got the most pessimistic,miserable whingeing fans in the world?", which was the original question, definitely not. I would think we are amongst the least. When our club was under threat many, many fans did something about it (unlike a lot of other clubs in similar situations).

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
........Leeds havent lost at home for a year, but many think Beckford is a judas

Man U drew with Leeds and Man U fans think Rooney is shit......

That sort of thing happens at every club that loses - doesn't matter who to - or has a player that wants out. Just look at how we behaved over just about every player this year and over Harding, Hammond and Knight when they wanted away. Players have to expect that sort of thing, and I'm sure they do.

What I find really distasteful are intense attacks on one player - the 'why doesn't he crawl away and die' sort of thing. This goes far beyond what is acceptable.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
No.

In days gone by, the moaners would go into the West Stand and moan to other moaners and shout "Rubbish Brighton" a couple of times a season. Nowadays, with more and more people having internet access and the creation of forums, means everyone hears the moaning.

Easy way of going back to the good ol' days - avoid using the said forums.

Philcounty

Feb 25, 2009
Congleton
Stockport fan here, no probably not the worst but you do have some whingers :wink: . Every club has them. Put it this way though, I'd swap your clubs scenario for ours in a heartbeat.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No. I think you have a good balance on this board. If anyhing, I think you're a little over optimistic at times....
I'd agree with that, looking at other club's boards you realise that Brighton fans are no better or worse than any other club, (Think of those Man U fans slagging of Rooney after their FA Cup defeat as one tiny example)

And, as for other clubs, we have people claiming that we're the 'biggest moaners', I think some people get a pervese pleasure in thinking that we're at the end of the spectrum making us special when the truth is we're just bog-standard fans.

Like other clubs we undoubtedly DO have some moany twats on here who moan constantly and repetitively reardless of the situation or their knowledge of the facts - but we also have a degree of insane optimism, also with no basis in fact. I can't remember how many posts I've read on here saying "The squad this year is MUCH better than last year" or even "we've got one of the best squads in the division". Both those views have no basis in fact but are pure wishful thinking of what people want to be the case. To be honest I'm not sure which is worse..

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Have we got the most pessimistic,miserable whinging fans in the world?

No.

Speak to fans anywhere and they moan and all think they have the rawest deal in the world.

Definitely the right answer. Generally the vast majority of football fans are very fickle.. and frankly a lot of them are just plain thick. You only have to sit at any match in the country to realise that.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
No ain't got the most pessimistic,miserable whinging fans in the world.....dont be silly. I find this board full of positive posts about the club, You find a wide varity of opinions yes and some can seem over reactions at times,but thats passion for the club and i think a sense of frustration in the older and younger generations for different reasons. The older frustration is i feel due to the rose tinted spectacles we sometimes wear when harking back to the glory days and a sense that Falmer is so close now................WE CAN SMELL & ALMOST TASTE IT......Its been such a long wait.
The younger generation maybe moan as they have heard all the above and are from an age where instant success is required in all fields of life including your sports team.Maybe im wrong......

But i love NSC, it makes me laugh and helps me get through the day from near and far.

Last edited:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Jim D - couldn't agree more but this thread is about Brighton fans not about NSC. Do you believe that we've got "the most pessimistic,miserable whinging fans in the world?"

No - to be world champs you need to be at a much higher level than we are. Perhaps if we physically attacked the players and management and scrawled obscene graffiti on their houses and cars after a draw we would be up there.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I agree with that, but I don't agree that our fans moan the most.

NSC is full of moaners does not mean our fans moan the most. NSC is an outlet for those that moan (and those that laud the club). It's just that moaning is always louder than quiet satisfaction or general contentedness.

ALL FANS MOAN ON MESSAGE BOARDS - go and read one for any club. You could almost strip out the club name and insert any other in any conversation and you'll get the same stuff.

NSC has moaners, yes. "Have we got the most pessimistic,miserable whingeing fans in the world?", which was the original question, definitely not. I would think we are amongst the least. When our club was under threat many, many fans did something about it (unlike a lot of other clubs in similar situations).
Eloquently put. To summarise:

Are there moaners on NSC? - Yes.

Have we got the most pessimistic, miserable, whinging fans in the world? - No, not even close. Those who were quick to agree with Diggers may like to re-consider.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No ain't got the most pessimistic,miserable whinging fans in the world.....dont be silly. I find this board full of positive posts about the club, You find a wide varity of opinions yes and some can seem over reactions at times,but thats passion for the club and i think a sense of frustration in the older and younger generations for different reasons. The older frustration is i feel due to the rose tinted spectacles we sometimes wear when harking back to the glory days and a sense that Falmer is so close now................WE CAN SMELL & ALMOST TASTE IT......Its been such a long wait.
The younger generation maybe moan as they have heard all the above and are form an age where instant success is required in all fields of life including your sports team.Maybe im wrong......

But i love NSC, it makes me laugh and helps me get through the day from near and far.

Good points well put.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
No.

In days gone by, the moaners would go into the West Stand and moan to other moaners and shout "Rubbish Brighton" a couple of times a season. Nowadays, with more and more people having internet access and the creation of forums, means everyone hears the moaning.

Easy way of going back to the good ol' days - avoid using the said forums.

I find using the ignore list for certain posters has brightened up my life considerably.:clap:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Quite unbelievable even by the standards this board has set over the years.

Given the probability that some CHampionship clubs and even Premier League clubs will be going into adminsitration and we have a paid for stadium and minimal (when put into context) debt in the long term people are still handing out idiotic judgements and statements on the ability of the board and the management to run a club.

New stadium build with constrictive and potentially damaging bank debt removed. Long term future of the club secured. A bright up coming manager already considered by other clubs to be a potentially great manager - and still the niggly, whining little wa**kers on here are suggesting that they would be doing better.

Reading NSC is becoming a miserable and depressing experience - and it is always the same keyboard warriors sniping away.

Perhpas it is because they are miserable little rubber desk johnnies with little respect or power in their professional lives who get a stiffy by living their desperate lives vicariously through a football club making out they would be doing the job in a far more productive fashion.

Whether it is tickets for the Villa game, Poyet signing someone who certain people on NSC know for a fact are shite or moaning about the club shop - it is just so tiresome and boring.

Either shut up or go and watch someone else play.
All seems about right. However it isn't just Brighton fans that are like this, it happens at EVERY club in the league. It just seems worse here, because we don't really know when we're on to a good thing.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
INteresting points - I think (and this is purely a personal opinion) what grates with me is the fact that as far as new signings are concerned a not insignificant number of people have pretty much consigned them to the bin before they have even kicked a ball.

Calderon - not sure what he will be like - but I will wait and see before passing judgement.

The transfer window - it seems as if people can confidently state that Bloom, Poyet et al are just sitting in their living rooms doing nothing - that it has not even occurred to them that by signing quality additions at the price would make the side better.

When you consider the spending sprees that other clubs have embarked on and how it has come back to haunt / destroy them - it would to me, appear an endorsement of the sensible strategic view the board are taking as far as the long term health of this club is concerned.

I absolutely uinderstand that the title of this thread can be taken in many ways - and those who disagree are perfectly entitled to their opinion.

Perhpas I am just a bit tired of the constant battle in life, to see my daughter, fight the CSA, get through the recession without disappearing up my own arse......and for so long football was an escape from that.

NOw it just seems there is cynicism, derision and sniping at every turn.

Perhaps I should just stop reading so much into it

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I've been reading for years but this is my first post.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Well done that man!!! Been think it myself for a while.

"thinking"

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
It's a shame that the passion shown on here isn't shown during the game...particularly at the Withdean. Although i'm assumin that these people actually go to games!! :annoyed:

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
I sometimes find it sooo negative too and I know plenty who refuse to read it anymore - its bad enough watching the football sometimes.

I also just ignore anything posted by the whinging masters on this board (only 3 or 4)

:bla:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
INteresting points - I think (and this is purely a personal opinion) what grates with me is the fact that as far as new signings are concerned a not insignificant number of people have pretty much consigned them to the bin before they have even kicked a ball.

Calderon - not sure what he will be like - but I will wait and see before passing judgement.

The transfer window - it seems as if people can confidently state that Bloom, Poyet et al are just sitting in their living rooms doing nothing - that it has not even occurred to them that by signing quality additions at the price would make the side better.

When you consider the spending sprees that other clubs have embarked on and how it has come back to haunt / destroy them - it would to me, appear an endorsement of the sensible strategic view the board are taking as far as the long term health of this club is concerned.

I absolutely uinderstand that the title of this thread can be taken in many ways - and those who disagree are perfectly entitled to their opinion.

Perhpas I am just a bit tired of the constant battle in life, to see my daughter, fight the CSA, get through the recession without disappearing up my own arse......and for so long football was an escape from that.

NOw it just seems there is cynicism, derision and sniping at every turn.

Perhaps I should just stop reading so much into it

Thinking too much on here could seriously damage you health :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here