Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we got any new fans after last Sunday?

stratford seagull

Jul 30, 2003
Swindon
Just interested whether we've got any new fans as a result of last week's trip to Cardiff.

There will be some fantastic away trips next season where you'll be able to experience that unique Albion support once more.

Coventry, Ipswich (why I couldn't boo Rougier on Sunday), Nottingham Forest and Reading were my favourites from last year, but I guarantee that at each and every game you'll see the team battling for 90 minutes to get a result - cheered on by some fantastic fans.

I love you all!!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
The guy opposite me in Shoreham asked me whether he could still get a season ticket as he now only has to work 1 in 3 Saturday's, so I gave him a copy of my renewal forms.

He might be jumping on the band wagon a bit, but I don't care as it's more money for the club, and maybe a supporter who will continue to attend long into the future.

Mixed feelings from me. I'd love to know where these new supporters were when the club needed them at Gillingham etc. But we can't really move forward as a bigger club without them, so i guess it's the more the merrier.

SM BHAFC

Jul 10, 2003
North Laine
Not new supporters just one's who have not been for a while, people are more discerning in their tatse these days and how ever much it may amaze the more fanatical on here there are other things to do apart from watching BHA.

Someone said where were they when we were at Gillingham?

Well proabably doing something a lot more entertaining and exciting than travelling to Gillingham to watch a shite Albion team. This is particularly the case for people with families the difference between getting up on saturday morning and thinking ok I will take the nipper to Albion and going along the shoreham Road is massive to going all the way to Gillingham time and price wise.

A good entertaining BHA is always going to attract more supporters hence big clubs are the one's that have been more succesfull over the years. It ain't rocket science to be honest.

I welcome anyone who wants to watch BHA and people who get annoyed just because they think they are more of a fan because they have been to every 1st team and reserve team game for the last fifty years compared to the occasional attendee are living in cloud cuckoo land IMHO.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yeah new fans who can't get into the withdean great stuff:lolol:
Funny thing is you don't need new fans while at that sess pit:lolol:

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
It was great having 30,000ish people at Cardiff. But is it realistic to expect them to want to travel to Leeds, Cardiff (again), Leicester, Sheffield, etc for league matches?

'New' fans are far more likely to attend the occasional home game, then the odd London away game, then all home and some away games. At the moment that vital first step is missing.

We already have incredible away support meaning that ALL London games will sell out, along with many others. Is there the space for the occasional 'new' fan? And will they go to Stoke on a cold Tuesday night?

PLEASE - come one and all to the away games. Just don't expect sell-outs.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
My brother's girlfriend has turned into an albion fan, she was getting as carried away as we all were last sunday. She's managed to turn her little brother into a fan too. They weren't albion fans before as they're from N. Ireland, so it's a bit difficult to get games strangely enough, though her little brother regualrly wears his stripes thoughout Belfast. It's all good, we need as many fans as possible.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Difficult one - we need the support but will it be there Leeds away where we could possibly request an allocation of 5K easily.

I just hope once Falmer is announced we get more bums on seats and I suppose games like the play-off final can only help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here