Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have two clubs ever achieved back to back promotions together?

Spacegull

Sehr Kosmiche.
Feb 22, 2009
High Weald
'the despair I can handle, the hope I can't take' ..... Yep, I've spent 35 years supporting the Albion with those sentiments..... Except NOW IT'S DIFFERENT.
Have 2 sides ever been promoted twice together?..... Nice possible long odds bet?.....

This is all a dream and tomorrow I'll wake up hating everything as usual.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Calm .... the f*** ..... down!
Why? There is no other side in this division that is noticeably better than the Albion. We bossed Donny in the second half, we were the better team at Portsmouth and much the better team at Cardiff. Leicester have started badly and you wonder whether they've spent money on the wrong players.

I reckon we are going to be right up there with West Ham and Southampton as nearest challengers.

D

Deleted member 18477

Why? There is no other side in this division that is noticeably better than the Albion. We bossed Donny in the second half, we were the better team at Portsmouth and much the better team at Cardiff. Leicester have started badly and you wonder whether they've spent money on the wrong players.

I reckon we are going to be right up there with West Ham and Southampton as nearest challengers.

You could have egg all over your face come May... Hope you don't though! Lol.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You could have egg all over your face come May... Hope you don't though! Lol.
I said the same thing last year when it became apparent we were a good side before the end of August. It's like we're not allowed to be confident on here sometimes. Well f*** that - this team is brilliant, so is the manager and so is the stadium, and we have a real chance of finishing in the top 6, possibly better. At any given time, we have 5 or 6 players not on the pitch who would walk into at least 15 of the other teams in the division.

D

Deleted member 18477

I said the same thing last year when it became apparent we were a good side before the end of August. It's like we're not allowed to be confident on here sometimes. Well f*** that - this team is brilliant, so is the manager and so is the stadium, and we have a real chance of finishing in the top 6, possibly better. At any given time, we have 5 or 6 players not on the pitch who would walk into at least 15 of the other teams in the division.

Love your attitude. And your not being arrogant you just believe in our squad. I hope your right. On a personal note I'd be happy with a finish above relegation. But I agree there is no reason why we can't do a lot better than that. We've had a great start and anything really is possible in this division.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
'the despair I can handle, the hope I can't take' ..... Yep, I've spent 35 years supporting the Albion with those sentiments..... Except NOW IT'S DIFFERENT.
Have 2 sides ever been promoted twice together?..... Nice possible long odds bet?.....

This is all a dream and tomorrow I'll wake up hating everything as usual.

Are you gambler? Double up with Crawley and Wimbledon.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Nothing wrong with optimism and when the fans have it, it definitely rubs off on the players, the whole feel good factor and winning mentality that sees the two automatically promoted teams from League 1 sitting proudly at the top of the Championship. I'll keep predicting us to draw or lose because I am now stuck in superstition, like when Steve Foster didn't shave in the FA Cup til we lost, which was the final replay. But it is only three games so enjoy it while it lasts! :lolol:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Was being tongue in cheek Simster. Loving the optimisim as I say. Can't quite go there myself because I've followed the Albion for too long. Transfer window not closed yet, teams still bedding in, will we get worked out (close us down at speed and we have a questionable plan B etc). Couldn't have been a better start - two away wins for gods sake - but years of this have trained me to be cautious. But my goodness I am excited.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here