Have The Wheels Fallen Off Poll?

• No

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • We are wobbling

Votes: 41 43.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 16 17.0%

• Total voters

Yes every one of them. The results are D L W D D D , so your negativity is not only tedious but inaccurate.

After 90 minutes the sequence is actually
D L D D D D - hardly top of the table stuff?

With Colchester & Huddersfield coming up it's only going to get harder. Hopefully Gus can take the pressure & get us at least three points. Anything less & the pressure will ratchet up a notch.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
He's the voice in my head that tells me everything i try or happen to achieve is at least a little bit wrong, misshapen or stained. Everything i think of giving a go at i hear him squirming and muttering through my person, rounding up the doubts and firing them at me in a rat-a-tat fashion.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
After 90 minutes the sequence is actually
D L D D D D - hardly top of the table stuff?

With Colchester & Huddersfield coming up it's only going to get harder. Hopefully Gus can take the pressure & get us at least three points. Anything less & the pressure will ratchet up a notch.

Christ, the way you go on you would think we lost all 6!! - Your negativity is getting really tedious now. I bet you have been really frustrated when we were going really well because you couldn't complain about much but now i bet you couldn't be happier and is something you have really been wishing for.

If a team that is top isn't good enough for you, Please, Please, Please go and support a different team and give a new set of fans the pleasure of your constant negativity.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I think we need to accept the club don't take cups seriously any more.

This season maybe, Our target is promotion to the Championship for the 1st season at Falmer and i guess Gus wanted to do everything he could to give us the best shot he could at achieving this which means he took the opportunity to rotate his squad and give players a break while also giving fringe players some match time

Christ, the way you go on you would think we lost all 6!! - Your negativity is getting really tedious now. I bet you have been really frustrated when we were going really well because you couldn't complain about much but now i bet you couldn't be happier and is something you have really been wishing for.

If a team that is top isn't good enough for you, Please, Please, Please go and support a different team and give a new set of fans the pleasure of your constant negativity.

Fact: In our last 6 games we have not won any of them in 90 minutes.
End of.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Whilst it's by no means unusual for Mr Foster to post a thread like this for once there's some substance to what he says/ Yes he is a miserable git and this was the sort of game that it was hard to get excited about from our point of view, depending on the draw the replay may be more of the same as I don't think anybody will be too thrilled with the prospect of say Barnsley away. However, whilst the wheels may not have come off the tyres do need some air.

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
I have said it before and I will say it again, you won't get anywhere with a foreigner in charge. I long for the days when I could be PROUD of the Albion, such as when we finished seventh three years ago, a mere 23 points off promotion and 33 points off winning the league itself, and none of this top of the table nonsense at the start of December.

BRING BACK Dean Wilkins now, with the brother Ray 'Butch' (I assume he lives in Kemp Town) Wilkins as his number 2, and why not his sister Wendy too to make the tea, it takes likes gnat's piss at the burger van, I presume all the tea bags are now given to 1901 club members first, and we get sloppy seconds. We NEVER played poorly against opposition lower than us in the FA Cup with Dean in charge.

Whilst it's by no means unusual for Mr Foster to post a thread like this for once there's some substance to what he says/ Yes he is a miserable git and this was the sort of game that it was hard to get excited about from our point of view, depending on the draw the replay may be more of the same as I don't think anybody will be too thrilled with the prospect of say Barnsley away. However, whilst the wheels may not have come off the tyres do need some air.

If anyone ever posts anything that is not painted through stained glass windows with the sun shining through then they are called a miserable git! Being a BHA fan you have to expect more downers than uppers - boy I should know after watching the team week in week out for the best part of 30 years.

Our league position is brilliant & better than any of us could have hoped for at this time of the season.
Play the best 11 with Lua Lua in it - and we are virtually unbeatable in this league.
Make two or three changes & yes it has shown that we are ordinary.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Fact: In our last 6 games we have not won any of them in 90 minutes.
End of.

In three of them we put out a team consisting of fringe/reserve players to see how good they are (and we now know the answer).
One of them was against the richest team in the league, and we would have won had we been able to score from the spot.
One of them we were winning until the 93rd minute.
Which leaves Hartlepool, and we were in with a change there until KLL broke his leg.

We were not world beaters a month ago when stuffing Charlton & Peterboro, and we're not relegation fodder just because we have not won in the last month.

The truth is somewhere in between, as if usually is, but not in the black and white world of many on NSC.

Gus was pissed off with the fans who were shouting and booing him and in the radio interview it sounded like any more flak and he'll be off.

We're top of the leugue having played some of the best football this season many of us have ever seen Brighton play. The manager is obviously a class act and will sort it out given the chance. Booing the team is quite unbelievable considering what we've achieved. Some fans don't seem to have the nerve or temperament to see a long hard season through without panicking and apportioning blame. I don't blame Gus for being pissed...top of the league (and we are still in the cup) and people booing...really?
Seeing as we've only actually lost one game in this bad run I don't think that's too bad. If we had carried on winning 3 and 4-0 we'd be about 30pts clear at the end of the season....can't remember anyone ever doing that! It will be tight at the end of the season no doubt and it's unlikely we will win the league by 10 pts. Too much of a good thing for some methinks.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Why do people think that the booing was because of our form over the past month ? The way I saw it yesterday the booing was because of a poor display against a team a lot lower down the leagues than us !
I doubt we'll here any booing even if we lose against Colchester next week.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If anyone ever posts anything that is not painted through stained glass windows with the sun shining through then they are called a miserable git! Being a BHA fan you have to expect more downers than uppers - boy I should know after watching the team week in week out for the best part of 30 years.

Our league position is brilliant & better than any of us could have hoped for at this time of the season.
Play the best 11 with Lua Lua in it - and we are virtually unbeatable in this league.

The question is: what do you want Brighton to achieve? Do you want them to be successful? Or do you want them to fail?

The answer seems obvious. You want them to succeed. Don't you?

Which leads to some more questions. How can you help the team achieve success? Is repeated negativity the best way? Is actively looking for the negatives in any given situation helping matters? Is jumping on the back of any stutter or mistake the way? Is booing? Is taking a deliberately provocative and negative viewpoint and belaboring it beyond the bounds of sense going to achieve anything?

If you think the answer to the above questions is 'no', then stop and think about your repetitive posts. If you think the answer is 'yes', then please explain why.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
WHEELS FALLING OFF
grow some balls and have confidence you wimps

the wheels have got a bit slower thats all every single team has a bad run and to be honest if this is our bad run,and I think it is, then 1 defeat is very acceptable for me!!!.... only 2 league defeats all season so far and 3 home draws where the opposition have equalised in stoppage time or a "wrong" penalty decision(bournemouth),so I cant complain about that and a good run over xmas will put us well clear at the top!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe it's just the mid-season blip that just about everybody agrees always happens to teams that build up an early lead in the league. Better to get the blip out of the way now, with no real harm done, then regroup and move onwards and upwards to Falmer.

He Shot He Scored

Jan 25, 2010
Wheels fallen off? There's some real morons who follow this club (deliberate non-use of the word 'support' cos you obviously don't know the meaning of the word if you want to post drivel like 'the wheels have fallen off').

We're four points clear in the league, exceeding expectations at the start of the season to say the least.we're still in the cup if you hadn't noticed, and made a few quid with one tv game already and a second now likely.

If you think the wheels have fallen off (and want to boo the team every time they don't meet your ridiculous expectations, probably the same people), then go and 'support' someone else so I don't have to listen to whingeing idiots at games.

rant over

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Whether you accept it or not (and I doubt that you ever will) you can see by what other people say that you reputation for moaning, complaining and making stupid remarks proceeds you. Maybe you should think before you post in future although I doubt that you will do that either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here