Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have Saints fans got no sense of humour?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
http://www.saintschat.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=82645&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Getting all hot under the collar about something Martin Samuel wrote in the News of the Screws.

I thought he was quite funny, and blatantly taking the piss out of Chairman Rupert not the club per se, but do their fans get it?

Not for a second, absolutely no sense of humour whatsoever. They're even suggesting a boycott of the paper

:lolol:

This is what he wrote for those who care

JANUARY

George Burley quits Southampton when further transfer-window departures force him to field the Under-11 academy team away to Reading. Southampton lose 14-0 and Sir Clive Woodward moves quickly to appoint a successor. He names Jonny Wilkinson.

FEBRUARY

Jonny Wilkinson quits Southampton after one training session, having dislocated both shoulders putting his shorts on. Sir Sir Clive Woodward moves quickly to appoint a successor. He names Prince William.

MARCH

Prince William quits Southampton claiming being a football manager was too much like hard work.

Sir Clive Woodward relieved of his director of football duties and told to go and wash Rupert Lowe's car. Eddie the Eagle appointed Southampton manager.

APRIL

Despite keeping Portsmouth up, Harry Redknapp (left) walks out of Fratton Park after Velimir Zajec is found to be operating as Director of Football from the broom cupboard in Milan Mandaric's office.

"This is the final straw," says Harry. "You'd have to be a certifiable lunatic to want to work with that lot." Sir Bobby Robson expresses interest in Redknapp's job.

Eddie the Eagle quits Southampton for being too professional. Woodward recalled from manning the till in the club shop and put in temporary charge. He names Bruce Forsyth as his assistant.

MAY

Southampton sack Bruce Forsyth following relegation on final day of the season. Lowe announces radical new vision is required and appoints Great Britain's legendary rowing coach Jurgen Grobler to work with Woodward. His first action is to submerge the training ground in 12 feet of water.

JUNE

Grobler quits Southampton after falling out with players over 4am training sessions.

Lowe brilliantly skirts a massive bill for land reclamation by making Dame Ellen McArthur Woodward's assistant.

JULY

Woodward and McArthur leave Southampton by mutual consent after several reserve-team players contract scurvy and Wasps sign Theo Walcott. Lowe outlines his brave new vision by making Carol Vorderman the first female manager of a professional football club.

AUGUST

After four straight victories, Southampton coach Vorderman is poached by Portsmouth. A furious Lowe hands the job to her No2

Des Lynam.

SEPTEMBER

Lynam quits Southampton after it is revealed Lowe intends bringing in Stephen Fry as Director of Football. "I've seen him on TV and he seems to know everything," Lowe says. "I'm very disappointed by Des's reaction."

OCTOBER

Lowe announces his intention to get back to basics at Southampton. "There has been too much upheaval," he says. "From now on it is football all the way." At a press conference, he unveils Trisha as the new manager.

NOVEMBER

Trisha quits Southampton after being refused money in January's transfer window. Lowe gives the job to Nigel ‘Spotty' MacWhirter, his old hockey master.

DECEMBER

Lowe moves swiftly to put himself in charge.

"At last I have found the manager I have always wanted," he says.

Lowe quits on December 31 after disagreeing with himself over transfer funds.

"You don't have to be mad to work here — but it helps," he quips. Sir Bobby Robson expresses interest in Southampton job

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can't believe they're so upset about it.

Surely they must realise the managerial situation has made both them and Portsmouth something of a laughing stock.

Talk about up their own arses.

Platypuss

Oct 2, 2003
I have to agree, I have yet to encounter a more humourless bunch of po-faced arrogant so and so's.

Even in their current train-wreck of a season they are still struggling to exhibit any humility.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Don't know what the losers are complaining about. They should be happy to have some national media attention. No one paid them a blind bit of notice when they were in the premier league so they're doing good to be noticed now.

Strange that a club that has turned into a circus should have fans with such a high opinion of themselves with very little evidence of a sense of humour between them.

Oh well.:)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
:lolol:

HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Dec 7, 2004
NR SOUTHAMPTON
The words fun & passion are never said in the same sentence when it comes to Saints fans.
For all the fact they are a bunch of nutters at least Pompey fans get behind their team and have some passionate supporters.
The only noise Monday will come from Brighton fans.
HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here