Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have Palace signed anyone yet this January?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We've signed Jacob Butterfield who was pretty much the best midfielder in the division for Barnsley a couple of years ago. Holloway wanted him at Blackpool in the PL, so did Newcastle, but he went to Norwich and got injured. Initial 1 month loan, we want to make it permanent.
You'd better hope he's shit then.

Also trying to sign David Vaughan from Sunderland (£2m) and DJ Campbell. That's without anyone leaving.
Definitely

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
We've signed Jacob Butterfield who was pretty much the best midfielder in the division for Barnsley a couple of years ago.

That's one of the funniest things I've ever read on here.

Vaughan and DJ would be respectable signings. IF it happens. We had a potless chairman once who always linked us to players we never signed!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
there form is hardly "a run" :lol:

Quite. A quick scan of results on the BBC shows that the bubble burst in Mid November since when they've played 13 games and only beaten Wolves and us (with 10 men). Oh and they've not scored a goal in open play in the last 4 games either.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
So in summary, a run of the mill, injury prone midfielder that you've only got for a month. And a totally unknown striker that's only ever scored one goal in his career!

Brilliant work.

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
I see this thread was started AFTER you made an unheard of striker your first signing-not mentioned before was it

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I see this thread was started AFTER you made an unheard of striker your first signing-not mentioned before was it

If you'd watched Spain's Segunda Liga last season, you'd know all about Ulloa. He was the top scorer at that level, the Spanish equivalent of the Championship. Granted, I didn't watch it either. But it doesn't mean he's not a player. Your Brazilian chap isn't completely shit is he, and who had heard of him before?

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
So in summary, a run of the mill, injury prone midfielder that you've only got for a month. And a totally unknown striker that's only ever scored one goal in his career!

Brilliant work.

bit of an own goal there I think-hope your new Spanish superstar works out better than the last striker you paid over the odds for

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
If you'd watched Spain's Segunda Liga last season, you'd know all about Ulloa. He was the top scorer at that level, the Spanish equivalent of the Championship.

like I say, nobody including your own fans had heard of him-a player normally gets recognised across the globe for his talents-and not by people watching foreign leagues

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
like I say, nobody including your own fans had heard of him-a player normally gets recognised across the globe for his talents-and not by people watching foreign leagues

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358773149.760341.jpg

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

I understand. So, players you haven't heard of are automatically shit? Interesting logic. I prefer to judge a player on his actual ability, rather than his presumed ability because we hadn't seen him before...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
with respect-I doubt you'd have heard much of him in League 1-decent championship player actually who's obviously not able to make the starting line up in the Prem

Fair play. To be honest I tend to know few players outside of BHA and the league they play in.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
We've signed Jacob Butterfield who was pretty much the best midfielder in the division for Barnsley a couple of years ago. Holloway wanted him at Blackpool in the PL, so did Newcastle, but he went to Norwich and got injured. Initial 1 month loan, we want to make it permanent.

Also trying to sign David Vaughan from Sunderland (£2m) and DJ Campbell. That's without anyone leaving.

:lolol: No he wasn't, he was just the best player for Barnsley. Which isn't much considering Craig Davies was their next best.

Never mind. A youth player from City, a month's loan for a barnsley reject, DJ Campbell (who is definitely signing for you, not for Hull) and £2m for David "Beckham" Vaughan. Watch out the premiership. :lolol:

Seriously *if* zaha and/or murray leave or get injured, your lot are going to freefall. I can't wait to bounce every post you've made, you inexplicably smug, deluded little spunkbubble.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
If you'd watched Spain's Segunda Liga last season, you'd know all about Ulloa. He was the top scorer at that level, the Spanish equivalent of the Championship. Granted, I didn't watch it either. But it doesn't mean he's not a player. Your Brazilian chap isn't completely shit is he, and who had heard of him before?

I haven't watched much of the Spanish second division I must admit ninja but when the argentian tornedo hits the ground I'm sure we will all know about it

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I haven't watched much of the Spanish second division I must admit ninja but when the argentian tornedo hits the ground I'm sure we will all know about it

Neither have I. :lolol: But I'm sure he's going to be PROLIFIC. I'm talking Luciano Becchio prolific rather than Lionel Messi prolific, but meh. We'd all take that.

He's yours on a free in the summer of 2017 anyway. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here