Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have Lewes DC put forward 5 more sites?

:jester:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Where exactly on the Goldstone site?? You mean demolish Burger King and Toys R US to make way for a FOOTBALL STADIUM??

There's not enough room :jester:

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
John Boy said:
I can't believe those sites have even been suggested.

Hickstead and Newhaven aren't even in Brighton!!

Neither is Shoreham. However I do think that building on Hove Park, one of the few green spaces in central Hove, is a very good idea.

Last edited:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Bet Toys R Us, Comet and Burger King won't be too happy :lolol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i'd have thought that any suggested sites would have to be put forward before the start of the enquiry?

Anywho, Hickstead and Newhaven will be dismissed without effort, and the Goldstone site will kicked into touch on cost. It bemuses me that anyone would suggest the Goldstone, if Abramovich came in with £100m then we'd all love to retrun there, otherwise its a bit like pouring salt in the wound.

not familiar with the two Hove sites but if they where credible shirley they'd have been mentioned before?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
beorhthelm said:

not familiar with the two Hove sites but if they where credible shirley they'd have been mentioned before?

Hove park is about 50 feet North of the Goldstone.
Hove Rec is about 100 feet North-East of the Goldstone.
Not a chance of either.

Last edited:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
What all this got to do with Lewes DC, falmer is in Brighton, seems liek they are wasting tax payers money.

Lewes DC are not in the game of this kind of buffoonery, they have some very serious horses in the field in Sheepcote and Toad's Hole and won't want to piss off the inspector too much by putting forward joke ones.

Some pretty mad NIMBYs like Mr Scott can put forward their extensive back gardens if they want, unfortunately the inspector ruled quite early in the process during pre-discussions that the democratic legitimacy of the inquiry could be undermined if people were prevented from putting forward any site, even DURING the inquiry. I can see it costing us more money because bleeding us dry is a tactic of the NIMBYs, but let's hope there is some commonsense way of dismissing these sites without incurring too much experts' fees.

Last edited:

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
In any argument people try to put forward another clever idea (seems so at the time) but only serves to weaken their original argument. This is the same is it not. They are making themselves look stupid and showing their real colours.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
The LDC do not seem to have a singular individual strong candidate, but diluted vague ideologies about the other sites. Adding more sites will build our Falmer arguement even stronger. The LDC have released an album of filler, rather than a potential Number 1 single, to coin a metaphor.

Just to clarify ... Lewes District Council are only advocating Sheepcote Valley and Toads Hole Valley (and Shoreham Harbour, if a longer term venue is acceptable, with the Club staying at Withdean while that is developed).

Mr Scott (who has suggested the other sites) is speaking for himself. And, to the best of my knowledge, he represents no-one else.

But that's what is meant by a PUBLIC Inquiry. Members of the public are allowed to join in. The Inspector has, however, made it clear that the weight he will give to individual sites will depend on the credibity of the case that is made out. None of the other parties have given any indication that they will do much work in relation to any of the sites that Mr Scott has suggested.

All that he has submitted so far is a letter.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here