Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have just got back from flowers demo

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
About 40+ fans, most in the stripes. Counted seven cameras filming us, the flowers looked good (and was the point) so it didn't really matter there wasn't huge numbers of us.

We had Stadium Yes banners with people either side of the gates (which they shut with solid ones behind the normal metal bars as we began!), then the flowers to one side (in an arrangement roughly 14 bouquets wide by 7 deep), along with the wheelbarrow and balloons.

Each bouquet was large, with a card with the club name and crest at the top, with a handwritten message on each. We spent ages arranging these so the messages could be read, and most of the cameras got plenty of pans across the layout and close-ups of messages. The messages were great, from managers, club secretaries etc - a personal note each time (even if they were all in the same handwriting) - really looked like each and every club was behind us. We made sure ones like Hull (John Prescott's constituency) were prominent and filmed. Also everyone was obsessed with having Southend prominent, but I never quite found out why....! I'm still recovering from having to carry the one from Leyton Orient across Whitehall from the van to no.26...

Had frustrating but hopefully fruitful-in-the-end conversation with woman from BBC South. She kept asking how many bouquets there were.
"91. That's one from every other league club."
"So there's some from the Premiership?
"Yes. Every Premiership club, from Manchester Utd down. And every other league club too."
"That's great! What about Division One? Any from there?"
"Yes..."

And so on, for some considerable time. Bless her.

Plenty of attention from passers-by, buses and our friends in the Met! I had to shoot off back to work, but I think the plan was eventually to take the cards from each bouquet and hand them into JP's office.

Well done everyone!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Soudns BRILLIANT well done everyone and all who attended :clap:

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
Excellent work!!! Looking forward to the BBC South report.

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
That's good good work.

Fantastic, BRILLIANT in fact.

Together, we can do this.

WE WANT FALMER

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
bhafc99 said:
I'm still recovering from having to carry the one from Leyton Orient across Whitehall from the van to no.26...

I had the surreal task of carrying a lovely bouquet signed from all at Millwall...

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Well done fella. Or lady, if you're a lady. It's difficult to tell.

Fella!

Not that I'd normally be seen dead in public carrying 6 bunches of flowers across a main road...

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
I'm still recovering from having to carry the one from Leyton Orient across Whitehall from the van to no.26...

Look on the bright side - at least it wasn't the one from Crystal Palace :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Well done one and all - great job :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Simster said:
Good to meet you Roger.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

And you! Bumped into quite a few old faces there actually.

Dandyman

In London village.
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That sounds absolutely brilliant, great effort guys. I'll look out for that on the news tonight.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Oh, forgot to say. There was an Ecovert van parked inside the courtyard of no.26. BOOOO!!!!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Flowers for Prescott - first pictures

Just got back, probably about 50-60 fans down there and a few tv cameras reporting the event.

Sorry about the quality of the pics but I took them with the mobile.

Well done everyone involved, well over 100 bunches of flowers and representation from every club except Southend who didnt want to know apparently.

Attachments

• 10-02-04_1354.jpg
    10-02-04_1354.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 810

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
You lot are a credit. Bloody good work.
:clap: :clap:

bhafc99 said:
Oh, forgot to say. There was an Ecovert van parked inside the courtyard of no.26. BOOOO!!!!
Maybe they were telling JP what a lovely lot we really are

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here