Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have I missed something

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
WAIT a minute......Elliott Bennetts got a GIRLFRIEND?!?!.....well done lad :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The only bit that confuses me is, if Elliott DEFINITELY isn't interested at all in the Norwich offer, why hasn't he already said so and ended all of this?

A reasonable question imo but I have seen it asked before and the response from quite a few on here has been " He's just signed a 4 year contract, he doesn't have to say anything" :shrug:

I would suggest he is very interested but Norwich just need to offer enough to make Gus and TB let him go, which is a far more likely reason he has said nowt imo.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
The only bit that confuses me is, if Elliott DEFINITELY isn't interested at all in the Norwich offer, why hasn't he already said so and ended all of this?

Andy Naylor mentioned they other day they've not been allowed to speak to Elliott. Thats why we havent heard anything from him. What he has to say on the other hand is of course another matter. Would have thought its in the clubs interest to put out a statement from him if he was rejecting this speculation.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Because he's got more important things to think about? Ie playing soccerball for the mighty stripes.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Because he's got more important things to think about? Ie playing soccerball for the mighty stripes.

Weak, he needs to let his disciples know he's sticking around and I'm sure he's one of those footballers who can probably train and talk all at the same time.

Reality is he probably wants to take the bigger wage packet...imo.

scouse23

Jan 30, 2008
Surely if he was going to have a medical today, he would not have played Tuesday night in case he got injured.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Weak, he needs to let his disciples know he's sticking around and I'm sure he's one of those footballers who can probably train and talk all at the same time.

Reality is he probably wants to take the bigger wage packet...imo.

You rarely see any footballers saying if they,re going/staying regarding football rumours. Take Charlie Austin for example......virtually half the clubs in England want him.........can you imagine what it would be like, if everytime a club was interested you had to make a statement. The agents do the dealing....the clubs take the money.....the player does as he's told/advised........but remains silent.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
You rarely see any footballers saying if they,re going/staying regarding football rumours. Take Charlie Austin for example......virtually half the clubs in England want him.........can you imagine what it would be like, if everytime a club was interested you had to make a statement. The agents do the dealing....the clubs take the money.....the player does as he's told/advised........but remains silent.

Exactly, deals ar done betweem clubs and agents. If the club has not accepted offers made to them for a player then the agent and player do not come in to it. This is what has happened here so. When an offer is accepted THEN the player and is desire to stay/leave can be questioned.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why should he?

Surely he would rather get all the speculation out of the way, and could do it very, very easily.

I reckon he is at least 1% interested in Norwich's offer. Perhaps no more than that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

No but he did put in a transfer request, a very clear sign that he does want to go.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Exactly, deals ar done betweem clubs and agents. If the club has not accepted offers made to them for a player then the agent and player do not come in to it. This is what has happened here so. When an offer is accepted THEN the player and is desire to stay/leave can be questioned.

I don't think it's that simple, at least not in this case. Gus has stated that it's about "what Elliott wants", and despite Tony saying we do not want to sell, nowhere has Gus said definitively that Bennett WON'T be sold (100% confirmed etc). This can only be down to Elliott.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
No but he did put in a transfer request, a very clear sign that he does want to go.

That scared me for a minute, I thought you meant Bennett!

My take on his silence is that he is probably very happy here, BUT if a deal were to be agreed with the clubs he would be interested. Hence why he hasn't said anything, and hence why I suspect he will stay at least till the end of this season, because his value to us in terms of our promotion chances is far more than Norwich will be able to pay.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I don't think it's that simple, at least not in this case. Gus has stated that it's about "what Elliott wants", and despite Tony saying we do not want to sell, nowhere has Gus said definitively that Bennett WON'T be sold (100% confirmed etc). This can only be down to Elliott.

It's only about what Elliot wants once we have accepted an offer though isn't it?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But Tony has said there is no reason whatsoever to sell. The club will only accept an offer if it's on terms that turn ELLIOTT's head, no-one else's. The club don't need the money.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Unless Norwich offer STUPID money (ie £3m) obviously.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
But Tony has said there is no reason whatsoever to sell. The club will only accept an offer if it's on terms that turn ELLIOTT's head, no-one else's. The club don't need the money.

So it's decided, we haven't accepted an offer then. Right. Why does Bennett need to say anything?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So it's decided, we haven't accepted an offer then. Right. Why does Bennett need to say anything?

Maybe we have accepted an offer. The only reason that everyone is still keeping quiet is Bennett himself. The club has it's mind made up on the situation. No sale IF Bennett doesn't want to go. We would've had an article by now called Norwich End Interest in Bennett if they didn't think there was still a chance of persuading Elliott away.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Take your point, but I was referring to the several months of speculation before he requested a transfer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here