Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hatton V Mayweather [Merged]

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
I have thought for a long time that provided he didn't cut early Ricky's body punching would clinch it in the later rounds, however I understand a lot of late money has come in on the draw. Could the fix be on?
A draw means they both remain undefeated and paves the way for an April/May rematch in front of 90,000 at Wembley.
And before I get flamed, or whatever its called on here, if the ticket price is right I believe these two could sell that amount of tickets on a live gate.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have thought for a long time that provided he didn't cut early Ricky's body punching would clinch it in the later rounds, however I understand a lot of late money has come in on the draw. Could the fix be on?
A draw means they both remain undefeated and paves the way for an April/May rematch in front of 90,000 at Wembley.
And before I get flamed, or whatever its called on here, if the ticket price is right I believe these two could sell that amount of tickets on a live gate.

Think it could be 76,000 at Old Trafford instead Harty, IF Ricky could stomach a rematch at the home of the rags, as he is a lifelong Blue.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Oscar De la Hoya has intimated he wants to promote Ricky in London at some point.
And El Pres I don't think Ricky could stomach fighting at Old T, I think he would go for the smaller gate at City if Manchester is the venue.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hatton says the fight will not go the distance as the ref they have, dont know his name, will let him mix it with Mayweather and allow him to stay in close with his body punching.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
can't wait been looking forward to it since they announced it. All round a mates and expecting lots of shouting come 3am

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Gonna be aweseome. This is the one Englishman that can change our sporting fortunes! No pressure Ricky eh mate....

I'm praying he beats that cocky wanker though!... but I really wouldn't like to bet on it.. I think I might bet on Mayweather so if Hatton wins.. I've sort of payed for it.. if you get me....

swd40

Mar 22, 2006
looking forward to being at the weigh in as much as the fight, to abuse Mayweather, the cocky git. :catfight:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Would very much love to see Hatton shut the mouthy tosspot that is 'Pretty Boy' Floyd, and I think he can definitely do it.

If you look back to Mayweather's fight against De La Hoya, Oscar's greatest successes came when he pushed Floyd back against the ropes and worked up close, predominantly to the body, giving Floyd liittle or no room to move out of the way and land the quick, snapping punches he's best at. The trouble Oscar had was that he couldn't sustain those attacks for the whole fight, and by the end of it, Floyd was able to dodge his attacks with ease and catch him with relatively simple counters.

The difference is that Hatton CAN sustain those kinds of attacks throughout the whole 12 rounds, we've seen him do it plenty of times before. I see him working hard to the body in the early rounds, looking to slow Floyd down and so give Hatton more chance to land heavy hooks both up and down stairs as the fight progresses. I expect Ricky to start very fast, push Floyd back and rough him up a little, just so that he's under no illusions just what kind of a fight he's in.

Hatton's best performance to date, in my view, came in a fight in which he was the consensus underdog going in (vs. Kostya Tsyzu), so I believe he's very much a man for the big occasion (which this fight obviously is).

My prediction: Hatton TKO10.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Two things:

1) Can anyone find a picture of the press conference where Hatton was wearing ear muffs and looking right at Mayweather as he was mouthing off? I want it for my wallpaper.

2) Anyone know anywhere in Brighton to watch this on Satdi night?

Hitman's gonna knock him out :)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Two things:

1) Can anyone find a picture of the press conference where Hatton was wearing ear muffs and looking right at Mayweather as he was mouthing off? I want it for my wallpaper.

2) Anyone know anywhere in Brighton to watch this on Satdi night?

Hitman's gonna knock him out :)

Not sure where's good these days in Brighton, but snooker clubs always used to be a good bet for big fights in Vegas in the small hours. Beer and entertainment on tap. Don't know if that's still the case.

If Hatton can avoid a serious cut then this will go the distance. My heart says Hatton on points, but my heads says home advantage and dodgy judges will see the decision edge Mayweather's way. Should be a great spectacle either way. Anyone know which bars in Sharm el Sheik are showing it?

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Hatton V Mayweather

For me this is the biggest boxing fight since Bruno fought the animal Tyson.

When was that late eighties ???

Cannot wait for this one ( despite not being a boxing fan ). I so want to see Ricky
put the loud mouthed yank on his arse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here