Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hatrick ~ or has my memory gone

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
December 31st 1988, we played Birmingham at home at the Goldstone. I think it was 0-0 at HT and eventually we ran out 4-0 winners. Did Kevin Bremner score a second half hat trick that day, or not?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes he did indeed!!!! All in the North Stand I believe.

Brum were relegated at the end of the season as well.

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think Bremner had just come out in the Argus complaining about some stick he was getting from the terraces. It was the perfect answer ......

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:

Is that the season they played at Palace on the last day of the season, where they all went in fancy dress? Remember pictures of endless people invading the pitch, attacking the police and stewards all in fancy dress and being directed by some bloke dressed as Hitler.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes I it was because Palace got into the Play Offs that year...and got promoted if memory serves.

So it all kicked off.

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003

Was it a hatrick from open play, or did he score a penalty in there?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Rusco said:

cor now you are asking...I think so but cant be sure...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Rusco said:

Not according to TGCs results database....but i think there was a penalty.

Last edited:

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
cor now you are asking...I think so but cant be sure...

I can remeber one of the goals being a good header at the far post, but I have no recollection of the other two except the surge in the North Stand

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gritt23 said:
I think Bremner had just come out in the Argus complaining about some stick he was getting from the terraces. It was the perfect answer ......

I remember that, was it at Pompey where he got ee awed by Brighton fans after missing a sitter in front of them?

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Yes I it was because Palace got into the Play Offs that year...and got promoted if memory serves.

So it all kicked off.

Strange day indeed. We needed to beat Brum by 5 and Man C to lose to get automatic promotion.

There was trouble all day with the Brums. There was a crush in the away end with some Brums being treated on the pitch - this was about a month after Hillsborough. My mate was pictured treating people in the Sun.

We were 4-0 up in about 30 mins, and City 1-0 down so it looked on. Ian Wright scored a 10 min hattrick and played out of his skin. City came back to win and we went into the POs. Happy days.

Last edited:

the Realist

Feb 5, 2006
Rusco said:

If you are referring to Ferret's column on the club website where he says it's 26 years since an open-play hatrick, he is referring to AWAY matches

The last open play hat-trick of any kind was Bobby Z's against Torquay

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
the Realist said:
If you are referring to Ferret's column on the club website where he says it's 26 years since an open-play hatrick, he is referring to AWAY matches

The last open play hat-trick of any kind was Bobby Z's against Torquay

I don 't normally read Ferret's column .... I'll go and have a look now if it's on the subject of hatricks?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Rusco said:
I don 't normally read Ferret's column .... I'll go and have a look now if it's on the subject of hatricks?

Does it mention Gordon Smith's hat-trick at Cov?
From 3-0 down we rescued a point, I think they all came quite late in the game as well, the last 20 mins?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Uncle Buck said:
Is that the season they played at Palace on the last day of the season, where they all went in fancy dress? Remember pictures of endless people invading the pitch, attacking the police and stewards all in fancy dress and being directed by some bloke dressed as Hitler.

Indeed. We played Stoke and were on parade for opening time as usual and we saw a load of the Brummies coming down at Euston. Must have been about 9am and they were steaming then. I've never been so scared of a man dressed as a cartoon dog :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Des Bremner (Kevins brother) was playing for Birmingham that day.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Gritt23 said:
Does it mention Gordon Smith's hat-trick at Cov?
From 3-0 down we rescued a point, I think they all came quite late in the game as well, the last 20 mins?

indeed - the last away hat-trick scored from open play (prior to Jake's that is)

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Rusco said:
December 31st 1988, we played Birmingham at home at the Goldstone. I think it was 0-0 at HT and eventually we ran out 4-0 winners. Did Kevin Bremner score a second half hat trick that day, or not?

I remember the Birmingham keeper (Andrews or Bennett I think) being the worst keeper I'd ever seen. Gave Bremner at least two of the goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here