Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Hating' the Premier League

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Im not so sure. In theory yes but in the cups I can see us doing an "Allardyce" and playing a reserve team even tho realistically its our only chance of silverware...
An Allardyce.
Pullis
Lambert
Pardew
O'Neil
Martinez

As said the price of relegation is so big why would they want to pi$$ it away on a poxy cup.

We play Birmingham in a couple of weeks.

and if the bottom half of the greatest league in the world wasn't so poor, we'd probably be playing Stoke followed by Fulham.

I doubt either of those teams are going to be desperate to relive European glories, at the cost of their place at the top table.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The thing that would piss me off most is the almost certain prospect that we'd have to pay the same price- or, quite likely, more- for our season tickets, for fewer games.

I do want us to go up, but there is something depressingly uninspiring about only ever aiming to avoid relegation, or to finish 14th.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Let's have a little flirt with the big league, and then decide how we feel about her. I think that's best, considering we'll be landing there before too long.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I love the competitiveness of the Championship but we need to get back to the top flight. If Swansea can do it so can we.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Rock and a hard place. I'm waivering with my support for football in general. I do not feel comfortable with player earnings.

Do I think that one man is worth £250k a week to play football? No. That is a no for whatever his profession might be.

Do I think that one man is worth £25k a week to play football? No.

Do I think that one man is worth £2.5k a week to play football? That is still a great deal more than people who sweat blood and tears to make a real difference.

I'm not against people being financially rewarded for having a skill or working towards a skill, but the money is obscene.

There is all sorts of talk saying we are paying more to pay back Tony Bloom, for his generosity, but how much money will go to him and how much money will leak out of the game and end up in the pockets of players?

It's difficult to find a hard working, decent player who is happy to earn £10k a week. That equates to at least 1,000 fans signing up for a £575 season ticket, just to cover his wages. One begins to realise the scale of the task facing many clubs to be able to compete.

It will only get worse if we end up in the top flight. I don't feel comfortable paying such prices to support players on such huge sums of money.

I'm a complete sell out, as I celebrated Wayne's goal wildly, on Friday. Is Bridge worth £90k a week? Does his mere existence make a difference to anyone of importance?

glad you are living up to your name.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The thing that would piss me off most is the almost certain prospect that we'd have to pay the same price- or, quite likely, more- for our season tickets, for fewer games.

I do want us to go up, but there is something depressingly uninspiring about only ever aiming to avoid relegation, or to finish 14th.

Well this year there was going to be a 10 quid per month increase in Season Ticket prices across the board, if we had gone up last season, so expect similar or more if ever we do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here