Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hated Players

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I hate nothing and nobody, life's too short.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have not been impressed with Whing this season, as he appears to be a shadow of the player he was when we signed him, and on his latest form I do not think that he is good enough for the team, but I do not hate him.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
All well and good, but this lot on the field don't respond.

Withdean as we all well know is not conducive to sustained noise.

People work hard all week to be entertained for 90 minutes on a Saturday afternoon, only to find the shite that's being served up depressing.

We should be able to turn up, be entertained and go home happy. Not every week is that going to happen of course, but in the League it hasn't happened once this season at home.

really - must have missed that home game when the fans were vocally behind the team, either that or they were being drowned out by the idiots calling for players to never play for the club again.

The only game i can recall there being encouragement rather than scorn at home this season was the Man City match, a game where there was no expectation of victory, and therefore if a player made a mistake, the crowd didn't berrate him but say that he was unlucky, which he was, but i would rather see players try to be creative and it go wrong, rather than being reluctant due to a "home support" that won't forgive them if it fails.

If by moaning you limit a players creativity because they are scared of the reaction of fans if what they try fails, then the players will not try different things, which is usually what is the difference between the top and bottom teams in a division - don't you think that the failure to win so far at home is affecting their confidence too, and once that monkey is off their back, i am sure that they will go on a winning run again.

Don't you also think that a negative attitude from some fans spreads, often the negative attitude stems from something else rather than the football, and thsese people are just venting their frustration, And i for one then find it unenjoyable at a match to have to listen to miserable gits doing nothing but complain, their actions are likely to put off the fair weather fan, especially when the reason for moaning is based on an exagerated belief that everything is a distaster.

How many keep claiming that the football now is the worst they have ever watch in all their xx number of years - there has been much worse football than that but they now have over expectations of what we have to achieve, and all think that they are either as good or better than the manager, whoever it is.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Has anyone actually bothered to read Guy Fawkes posts, christ cut it down a bit.

How you can hate El-abd I don't understand, always goes full blooded into every challenge taking eveything in his way. Thats enough for me.

Cox however is awful, wouldn't say I hate him though.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Has anyone actually bothered to read Guy Fawkes posts, christ cut it down a bit.

How you can hate El-abd I don't understand, always goes full blooded into every challenge taking eveything in his way. Thats enough for me.

Cox however is awful, wouldn't say I hate him though.

Because he is shit and he called the fans *****. He doesnt go into every tackle full blooded, he does tackles and then lays on the floor crying - HARD MAN

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
really - must have missed that home game when the fans were vocally behind the team, either that or they were being drowned out by the idiots calling for players to never play for the club again.

The only game i can recall there being encouragement rather than scorn at home this season was the Man City match, a game where there was no expectation of victory, and therefore if a player made a mistake, the crowd didn't berrate him but say that he was unlucky, which he was, but i would rather see players try to be creative and it go wrong, rather than being reluctant due to a "home support" that won't forgive them if it fails.

If by moaning you limit a players creativity because they are scared of the reaction of fans if what they try fails, then the players will not try different things, which is usually what is the difference between the top and bottom teams in a division - don't you think that the failure to win so far at home is affecting their confidence too, and once that monkey is off their back, i am sure that they will go on a winning run again.

Don't you also think that a negative attitude from some fans spreads, often the negative attitude stems from something else rather than the football, and thsese people are just venting their frustration, And i for one then find it unenjoyable at a match to have to listen to miserable gits doing nothing but complain, their actions are likely to put off the fair weather fan, especially when the reason for moaning is based on an exagerated belief that everything is a distaster.

How many keep claiming that the football now is the worst they have ever watch in all their xx number of years - there has been much worse football than that but they now have over expectations of what we have to achieve, and all think that they are either as good or better than the manager, whoever it is.

For ALL of your points above, it happens at every ground in the league when the home team are not performing, so we are not unique.

As for getting behind the players, take the away support, they get behind the players for the whole match. Result> We haven't won since 22 Aug. That really makes a difference!

Fair weather fans are put off by performances on the pitch and high prices for third division football. Not by Mr Miserable git slagging off Cox.

The onus is on the players to stem the negativitity by at least giving us something to cheer. It's meant to be an entertainment business after all.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
As for getting behind the players, take the away support, they get behind the players for the whole match. Result> We haven't won since 22 Aug. That really makes a difference!.

So the away results are wins vs: Crewe (1st win there ever) and Southend (1st win there in 34 years) Northampton (in JPT)
draws vs: Yeovil (1st ever league point there) and Northampton
losses vs: Leeds (hardly a surprise is it)

So not quite sure what point you are trying to make, those results arn't really bad, or worthy of all the doom and gloom that seems to be about the club?

Fair weather fans are put off by performances on the pitch and high prices for third division football. Not by Mr Miserable git slagging off Cox.

Disagree, if the fans are supportive and not being negative, the whole experience is more enjoyable for all, i found the moaning annoying and some comments made laughable in just how stupid they were, I moved my season ticket seats due to constant moaners sat near me in the past, so yes, i could / would stop the occasional fan from re-attending - most the time, the negativity is all a frame of mind, and not a true reflection of what is really happening on the pitch.

I know some people who read things on here and believe that the football / team / manager / chairman are in a complete mess and need to be sacked / replaced when things are nowhere near as bad as anyone makes out - so yes the negativity does stop people from going.

The onus is on the players to stem the negativitity by at least giving us something to cheer. It's meant to be an entertainment business after all.

So why do the away support start to cheer and sing before the players even get onto the pitch then, surely by your arguement, they should be quiet or complain until the players actually do something to entertain them!

Some fans now seem to want to turn up and see our team struggling just so that they can vent their frustrations at the team, when we first came back to Brighton, with a similar run of results, they still cheered the team on, without moaning and we turned around the performances, and look what happened next...

Last edited:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
So the away results are wins vs: Crewe (1st win there ever) and Southend (1st win there in 34 years) Northampton (in JPT)
draws vs: Yeovil (1st ever league point there) and Northampton
losses vs: Leeds (hardly a surprise is it)

So not quite sure what point you are trying to make, those results arn't really bad, or worthy of all the doom and gloom that seems to be about the club?

my point being, vocal support doesn't mean the players will automagically put on good performances. The only game you mention above where we played well with vocal support was Crewe.

Disagree, if the fans are supportive and not being negative, the whole experience is more enjoyable for all, - the negativity is all a frame of mind, and not a true reflection of what is really happening on the pitch.

so, rubbish performances don't lead to crowd negativity?

So why do the away support start to cheer and sing before the players even get onto the pitch then, surely by your arguement, they should be quiet or complain until the players actually do something to entertain them!

The question has to be asked. Where are those (vocal)away fans at home then? Where is the enthusiasm generated from them? If they don't attend home matches, what kind of supporters are they?

Some fans now seem to want to turn up and see our team struggling just so that they can vent their frustrations at the team, when we first came back to Brighton, with a similar run of results, they still cheered the team on, without moaning and we turned around the performances, and look what happened next...

I totally disagree that fans want to turn up and see us struggling and pay for the priviledge.

At the risk of repeating myself, football fans of today will credit the team for doing well, but berate them when things are turning bad.

Whether you or I like it or not, that will never change all the time people are paying good money for sub standard entertainment.

Let's hope we can get back to winning ways against Peterborough, I will be there. Will you? :ascarf::albion2:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
how can you hate an Albion player............. an ex player maybe ?

thats a strange choice of words.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I totally disagree that fans want to turn up and see us struggling and pay for the priviledge.

At the risk of repeating myself, football fans of today will credit the team for doing well, but berate them when things are turning bad.

Whether you or I like it or not, that will never change all the time people are paying good money for sub standard entertainment.

Let's hope we can get back to winning ways against Peterborough, I will be there. Will you? :ascarf::albion2:

I have supported the Albion all my life - i can't remember a time when we had so many "fans" constantly complaining about our players as not being good enough, even when we were at Gillingham, or dropping down the divisions

I think this modern practice has far more to do with the view that footballers wages are relatively high so that some fans now expect top quality, and to play at their top form week in week out, (which no player has ever achieved in the history of football) anything less is a waste of their ticket money, so they will always moan, where in the past fans would turn up not knowing how the team will perform and hope for the best but not neccessarily expecting it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here