Anyone else doing this?

It's a new one for me.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Anyone else doing this?

It's a new one for me.

Not doing it, did it years ago though, pace yourself for the first three miles or so as it is all up hill and if there is any wind it will almost certainly be right into your face for the last three miles along the seafront. The rest of it is ok though.

Good luck

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Done it twice. Actually a very pleasant course but that last stretch along the seafront is a killer. Marine Court just seems to get further away, so make sure you have something in reserve for what, on paper, would appear to be "the easy bit".

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thanks for the tips. I've heard it has its moments :)

seagullpie

Feb 21, 2009
Iv'e done it twice and doing it again this Sunday. The first 6 miles are uphill and the last bit along the seafront is a nightmare especially as the finish line is tucked round a corner so you think the race is never gone to end!!

Make sure you take advantage of the sugary tea at the end.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hastings half is tops. Lovely day, good course although a little hilly at times and a good crowd cheering you most of the way. There were churches blaring out christian rock/pop, churches with their chorus banging out hymns on the front lawn, another with a band out the front, all the care homes with their clients wheeled out front of house, kids engaging in a bit of old-skool banging saucepans with wooden spoons and giving me high fives, chav families on door steps with cans of Stella..their kids with huge bags of crisps and more slaggy teens in crop tops than I can shake my stick at.

And the commemorative horse brass and leather fob looks classy on my fire-place.

I didnt time myself but I think I did 1:38 chip time. Pretty good considering a Friday night bender and a few post match pints.

A great weekend I thinks.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Hastings half is tops. Lovely day, good course although a little hilly at times and a good crowd cheering you most of the way. There were churches blaring out christian rock/pop, churches with their chorus banging out hymns on the front lawn, another with a band out the front, all the care homes with their clients wheeled out front of house, kids engaging in a bit of old-skool banging saucepans with wooden spoons and giving me high fives, chav families on door steps with cans of Stella..their kids with huge bags of crisps and more slaggy teens in crop tops than I can shake my stick at.

And the commemorative horse brass and leather fob looks classy on my fire-place.

I didnt time myself but I think I did 1:38 chip time. Pretty good considering a Friday night bender and a few post match pints.

A great weekend I thinks.

Well done mate. A nice day for it! Can't beat a bit of Hastings culture, the Costa del Dole at its finest.

:thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well done mate. A nice day for it! Can't beat a bit of Hastings culture, the Costa del Dole at its finest.

:thumbsup:

Brilliant day. Thanks. I'll be back.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Well done mate.Might have a pop at this next year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here