Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has wilkins done enough?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Ernest said:
He should never have been given a contract and reading todays paper I think Dick Tight is having second thoughts :angry: :angry: :angry:

To come out and more or less say in no uncertain terms..."well i promised him back in march"

What is going on..so because they had a gentlemans agreement,irrelevant of how badly we played since...we had to offer him a 3 fcking year deal!

Its gone mad!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think Dean came to his senses and signed after realising the offer would not be around forever. Nothing has changed we will have stayed up albeit it possibly on goal difference so Wilkins has not taken us down. Job done I suppose but I hope our ambitions are a little more bold next season.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Yes, Yes he has.

He knows he will be losing senior players over the summer and has to play the kids, hence we look lopsided and disjointed.

Can't see that he has a choice though, wer'e safe and he has to give his lads experience, read between the lines in that interview with DK posted on here this morning, he is basically saying Dean has to prepare for some thinning out of the squad and next season aint far away.

All that said I reckon he will go balls out for a draw against Oldhan on Sat.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Scotty Mac said:
in the end, mcghee had to go as he had lost the support of the fans and the board, and arguably had become stale

No,no,not ALL of the fans,surely.

I'm a fan,and he was the Albion manager,and I supported him.

Yes,I know he's gone.Yes ,I have got over it.

But on here,I speak for me,so please do not put words in my mouth.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was behind McGhee incase anyone was unsure

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Uncle Spielberg said:
I was behind McGhee incase anyone was unsure

Me too!

:clap:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: Re: Has wilkins done enough?

byf said:
Why the fcuk did we offer 3 years though...surely he is still very unproven....if we struggle next season..we have to whack a compo package at him...nice work mr knight.

I know it looks good to install confidence in your manager but 3 years afetr a poor season is quite obsurd..

What is going on?!

Without knowing the in's and out's of the contract - I agree

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I've little doubt that we'll lose our last two games this season making a six game losing streak in all. I don't think this bodes well for the next campaign and I remain to be convinced by Wilkins' credentials to lead us into the promised land. That said, I'll support him for the first half of the season - if we're any lower than mid-table at that time he should make way for someone better.

:wave:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
i dont know one fan that wanted mm out,so u cant say he had lost the fans:shootself

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
unnameable said:
Where would we be in the league had McGhee not been sacked? Much higher than we are now.

in his only ever season in this division with us his record was

Pl 30
W 14
D 8
L 8
Points 50

4th position , promoted via play offs

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
dont waste your breath U S,its beyond some,sad thing is,the ones that wanted him out,will be the same ones shouting for wilkins out,if we lose the first 6 games fact

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Spielberg said:

Pl 30
W 14
D 8
L 8
Points 50

Well I think that tells it's own story.

You talk shit.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Uncle Spielberg said:

Pl 30
W 14
D 8
L 8
Points 50

get over it he has gone, and not coming back. Also note how he has been snapped up by another club since leaving here...

C.Gull

Jan 29, 2007
Lets face facts,Knight took the cheap option in appointing Wilkins,we have had a string of good managers but they could do nothing without cash,so can you really expect Wilkins to succeed when very experienced managers could do very little.
What has`nt changed,The Board!
Lets start at the top, we have tried the other options,its must be worth a try

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here