Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has the stadium museum been ditched indefinitely?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I think its a waste of money, who the hell wants to see a Brighton Museum, seriously? I love the club and I love the where we have come from to get to now, but who really is going to visit this to make it worth while.

You're right, it's not like there's an interesting history to tell or 20,000 people going past the doors on a regular basis.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There are a lot of people passionate about football history and trivia.

I would imagine that for many other people it would be an interesting part of a wider stadium tour.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
I would say at this moment in time, the extra seats are slightly more important, also getting the northeast, northwest corners done now is great foresight from the club. Then once the building work is 100% complete, probably sometime 2013, the museum will be back on track and make the stadium tour more unique.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Me and the Missus went on the Stamford Bridge Tour back in May, before the FA Trophy Final. Their Museum is fantastic, it has Interactive 3D facilities. Even a Goalscoring facility, where you try and kick the ball into holes with Points above them, I think the record was 27! There was also a choose a shirt Interactive Button, where the shirts spin around and you press the Button and it stops on what shirt you want to have a look at. find out who played in them and what season etc. one of the best Football Museum I've been to, as well we went to the Liverpool Museum before the 6-1 lost.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I think its a waste of money, who the hell wants to see a Brighton Museum, seriously? I love the club and I love the where we have come from to get to now, but who really is going to visit this to make it worth while.

Wow, I couldn't agree less. I think The History Man has done an awesome job setting the wheels in motion to create the Albion Collectors' and Historians' Society a number of years ago, dedicated to preserving the history of the club with a view to having things to display in a museum if the club ever built a permanent new stadium. Each to their own, I guess.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Wow, I couldn't agree less. I think The History Man has done an awesome job setting the wheels in motion to create the Albion Collectors' and Historians' Society a number of years ago, dedicated to preserving the history of the club with a view to having things to display in a museum if the club ever built a permanent new stadium. Each to their own, I guess.

This. If we are talking Tim Carder, he is a legend in his own time.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

With all due respect, that is absolute bollocks.

I may be guilty of talking about this stuff whilst wearing my rose-tinted anorak, but surely, this is an UNBELIEVABLE thing to have at our stadium.

Part of supporting a football club is having a feeling for the tradition and history of a club. Most clubs have a massive story to tell and usually, this is done via a few diehards who collect the memorabilia, like programmes, photos, newspaper cuttings and anything else you can think of. The downside of this is that all this memorabilia is usually squirrelled away in people's houses and it's almost impossible to get any sort of perspective on it.

Due to the quite frankly incredible efforts of Tim Carder and the Musuem Committee, we WILL have our history presented in a way that fans of the club, new and old, can have a look at and see some amazing items from our past gathered together in one place. People have come forward with items which they have donated and the Collectors and Historians Society have masses of material that will be in the museum.

Due to a number of issues, mainly surrounding the availability of space, the project has taken much longer that anyone thought to bring to fruition. Tim's efforts in not letting this go cannot be underestimated and the result will be something that we can all be proud of.

I cannot wait.

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Or are the plans still on going? Not heard about this lately and with all the building work that has been going on this summer wondered what the situation is.

Seems a shame if a large new stadium has been built and no place available for the museum.:(
I was told it will be towards xmas time before it opens

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
A few years ago I was lucky to see some of the things they have and since then a lot more has been added, some of this is really amazing and when the museum does open it really will be a must-see for all Albion fans.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Twitter / BHASnappy: #extraseats Not quite but the ...

A3PjVh7CYAA8-IF.jpg:large

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
From the latest 'Albion Chronicle'

"At long last the museum is coming together. The Albion have engaged an experienced 'heritage development company' to work on the detailed design, who are already coming up with innovative ways of displaying objects and stories within the museum,

The museum should certainly be open before the season is out. January/February was the original goal, but March/April is more realistic, if we want to really do justice to the content."

This is a VERY exciting project.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
We have waited 100+ years so a few more weeks/months to make sure we have something we can all be proud of won't hurt and something I know my 9 year will love. He is big into history

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here