Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has the number of hits on NSC grown significantly in the last few months?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I seem to remember bumbling along on here not so long ago with 150 odd people on line, now it is not unusual for there to be 1000.

Have we got lots of lurkers or are these people signing up?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The price of success ?

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
It's definitely all those JCL's and then there's loads of postings from complete outsiders, some ok, some not, and some total wankers, especially when the Glenn Murray saga was going on!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Has there been a proportionate increase in revenues from Amazon etc?

PS I did not post 'Amaz*n' as a link. Will people buying through this link produce revenue for NSC as it does for those going through the red link at the top of the page?

It's gone up but most months we are at about break even or making a small loss. In the old days we turned a healthy profit month on month.

Most of the modifications and stuff I'm doing to the site are to try and make it even more 'sticky' to visitors in the hope they stay longer and we earn more revenue whilst they are with us.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Doe's (N.S.C) get any extra income for actually clicking on the links Bozza ?

If so I will go on a clicking spree.

Last edited:

Does.

Please don't encourage 'clicking sprees' as these can be detected which means we could risk losing Amazon, our top revenue stream.

£500 a month?
f*** me, that's more than I earn
I fail to see the relevance of your income being compared to NSC's outgoings.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

We primarily earn from 2 sources...

- Amazon: When you click on an NSC Amazon link and go on to make a purchase we earn some of the money you've spent. You can click through to Amazon a million times, but we only earn if you go on to buy.

- Google: Google supply the banner ad in the top right. It is a combination of 'paid to be there', because we are a busy site, and paid per click (we get cash when someone clicks on the banner) but we have no way of knowing which is which. Google's model is highly sophisticated and the advert you see may not be seen by anyone else.

Google protect the integrity of their ad programme and will strike off sites that attempt to fraud the system. As such, ABSOLUTELY DO NOT randomly and repeatedly click on the ad banner. If Google strike NSC off, then it is likely to mark the beginning of the end for NSC, as Google probably accounts for about 70% of our income.

The best things you can do to support NSC are...

1. Buy stuff from Amazon, remembering to click through from here.
2. If you see a banner ad that has appeal don't think "Oh, I'll go and visit xxxxxxx.com later to check that out." - make the click from NSC so we get to earn from the advert we served you.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
More advertisers may be added in the near future. Like Amazon these will likely only pay when people click through and purchase.

Guests, ie those not registered and logged onto NSC, get more ads than people logged in too.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If I am buying a Blu Ray and Amazon has the cheapest price I'll use the red link at the top of the page to click through as it brings up my account page on Amazon so no need to use a bookmark.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here