Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has science proven that the Universe is in reality just a hologram?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Tsk. Anyone who's taken enough LSD, breathed enough Nitrous or snorted enough ketamine knows this! Come on physics. Keep up.

I find this subject fascinating and the more I read of it, the more certain I am that there are things/events in the universe so mind-bogglingly complicated that man just does not have the language nor the mental capacity to describe them....and thus re-affirms my agnosticm.
You feel that about the Universe. I feel the same about articles in Scientific American.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
You feel that about the Universe. I feel the same about articles in Scientific American.

I struggle with TSLR and the program on matchdays. I'd only reach for Scientific American if my table was wonky and I needed something to stick under one of its legs.

The Bible is so much less....complicated. God did it. End of.

Do you know that when Cook's ships approached the islands off the coast of America the natives could not see the ships, just the waves parting as they advanced. They still could not see them until one of them worked out what would make waves part in that fashion? He decided upon some kind of large vessel. When he explained this to the other natives they could all see the ships. They didn't have the capacity to understand what it was and therefore could not see them.

Is there anything on Wikipedia about it or possibly a YouTube clip or two presented by a slightly mad bloke that can prove this for us?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=universe-really-is-a-holo

These guys seem to think so....

If so, what the implications for our reality?

No implications really. They blew all credibility at this point..

' In one paper, Hyakutake computes the internal energy of a black hole, the position of its event horizon (the boundary between the black hole and the rest of the Universe), its entropy and other properties based on the predictions of string theory as well as the effects of so-called virtual particles that continuously pop into and out of existence'. Knob. :lol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

No.
It's called theoretical Physics as it is just a theory. According to Einstein's theory of general relativity, Isaac Newton's gravity theory was wrong but it is still used as it works for most purposes. Just because doing this or that makes your sums work it doesn't prove a theory as fact.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
it helps prove it's an illusory energy contruct for a soul-spark to learn and evolve.

oh, just like the rishi's said thousands of years ago in the Indus Valley.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
it helps prove it's an illusory energy contruct for a soul-spark to learn and evolve.

oh, just like the rishi's said thousands of years ago in the Indus Valley.

Or just as David Icke said a few years ago.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house

No.
It's called theoretical Physics as it is just a theory. According to Einstein's theory of general relativity, Isaac Newton's gravity theory was wrong but it is still used as it works for most purposes. Just because doing this or that makes your sums work it doesn't prove a theory as fact.

Congratulations. You've entirely misunderstood how science works.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Congratulations. You've entirely misunderstood how science works.

Could you explain, in words of one syllable, how science does work. Nobody told me at school over 40 years ago.

PS; I say this as someone who has a masters arts based degree and an MBA, so I am not stupid, but am just happy to leave science to the scientists.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Newton's Theory of Gravity is not "wrong". Einstein expanded it to cover things Newton didn't know about - the fundamental parts of Newton's Theory are still used because they are correct, and essentially identical to Einstein's when applied for 'everyday' use. Even Einstein's Theory breaks down in certain circumstances (black holes, etc), but it doesn't make the rest of it 'wrong'. If and when someone discovers a more accurate way to describe gravity (probably at a quantum level) then Einstein's theory may go the same way as Newton.

A Theory in science is the strongest possible term - nothing is ever described as 'fact'. 'Theory' does not mean guess - that's a hypothesis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here