Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Oscar Offered his Resignation?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
To be fair to Gus too, how many of the players he sold are regulars in their 'once Premiership' teams? That was good business. We're obviously not looking to pay huge money in wages or transfers, hence the investment in development, and injuries played their part this season too.

With the players that were sold I am not too sure he had much influence over. Bennett and Noone were sold at a profit, but Murray was just let go. I don't want to go down the Murray issue as it is so long ago now, but the deal could have been to resign him for £zero, and sold him later.

In our first Championship season we got CMS, Hoskins, Buckley, Vicente and Harley. Three of those had a history of injury problems, one was shite, and in hindsight we are still dealing with the Hoskins and Buckley injuries now. Throw Orlandi into the injury mix and old legs Lopez it was never building for the future.

In the Premireship clubs can afford to make mistakes because they can afford to cover them up with new signings, we can't. Gus was more suited to the top tier where you have a better draw for players and larger established squads.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
McGhee was at the game on Thursday. Surely he had a meeting in Donatello, with Bloom before the game?
I doubt it, I saw him with Dick Knight in Topolinos on Thursday afternoon.

That's a lie. I just want to fit in better.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I just hope the club make an announcement soon. Thankfully this year we won't have the weeks of internal inquiries before the plan ahead is made clear (I hope).

I know it's fun to speculate on who might be next in the hot seat but the best outcome would surely be Oscar being reassured about funding and recruitment and perhaps a little reshaping of personnel behind the scenes allowing Oscar to build a side capable of playing the attacking football he once claimed he promotes.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
At a wedding reception, last night, then flying and then straight into meetings so only saw this lunchtime today. Bit of a shock as I thought he wanted to be here long-term and he had met all expectations and in my eyes exceeded them. He was dealt a bad hand coming in very late int he summer and then dealing with an injury crisis and cut his cloth accordingly. For this raeson I bear him no ill will and was keen to see what he would do with his own team next year. However, I thought the barnes sale was a mistake at the time and our transfer edalings, with the exception of Ward, have done nothing for us. If March, Ince and Dunk not shined and JFC did the minimum expected we would have got nowhere.

I thought last year when we didnt go up that we would now see the team taken apart for a variety fo reasons. That has started to happen and will continue to do so. I dont expect Upson, Kuszczak, Orlandi, Lopez, Calderon, Bruno or Andrews to be here this time next year. Perhaps Oscar realises this but doesnt see enough commitment from the club to replace and build. Cant blame him if thats the truth.

Hope he stays and hope the club realises that we were a little lucky this year and we need to build positively for the future.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
If I am being honest I don't think people are all that disappointed with our league position, or not going up. I think people are disappointed with the way we have been playing.

And I agree with that as well, however Oscar has had to work with what we have and a lot of injuries. I am more then happy to give him a full pre season and hope he can get some of the players he wants.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Pep Guardiola has told Bayern Munich that it's up to them whether he suits the club.

Pep 4 next BHAFC manager!

I disagree. We need an English manager who will play 4-4-2. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I've ever seen Pep foaming with rage on the sideline or waving his arms about in fury. So he seems to lack the requisite passion, too. It's a no from me.

No not at all, it was common knowledge that Gus did not rate Murray and let him go pre FFP. Last season at least Poyet got Ulloa in January, this season Oscar got sweet fa.

Common knowledge to who? You?

Poyet went on record saying he engineered a change in the budget policy because he was so frustrated by the rigid financial restrictions that forced the loss of Murray, see link below.

http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showthread.php?273719-Gus-Why-I-lost-star-striker-The-Argus

When Poyet says "after hard work between me and the financial side of the club" - we can assume that means after he had a massive wall paint-peeling row with Barber and co.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Poyet went on record saying he engineered a change in the budget policy because he was so frustrated by the rigid financial restrictions that forced the loss of Murray, see link below.

http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showthread.php?273719-Gus-Why-I-lost-star-striker-The-Argus

When Poyet says "after hard work between me and the financial side of the club" - we can assume that means after he had a massive wall paint-peeling row with Barber and co.

Highly unlikely.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Joking aside, would he be deemed a decent number 2 for a top quality appointment?

No his time has passed.

Heard a rumour about this being likely in early March, Nathan Jones was also suggested at the time as a replacement, which I found harder to believe, now anything seems possible.

Given his days must be numbered, even more so after yesterday's performance, I would love like Calderon to come back as a player coach or Asst. in some form. Probably all too idealistic.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Seems Oscar wants assurances about next years budget and is talking to TB as we speak. (this was just on south today from the sport reporter). Nothing else really said but he did allude to Oscar being proud of being manager this year and making the playoffs

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

My understanding is that we offered him £7.5k a week, Palace offered around the £12k mark (may have been 11.5). Murray said that he would stay for £9k, and when Bloom asked Gus if we should pay him the £9k, Poyet said let him go.

For your info I got this from someone in the Murray circle so whether you believe it or not that is up to you, it makes no difference to me, but I have no reason to change what was said because there was no bullshit detected and it wasn’t farfetched and fanciful. More than that it wasn't something I woke up one morning and thought "Ah this would make a good wind up story for NSC"

Despite all the excuses Poyet has given about Murray in that story link, and I've seen it before, if he really wanted him to stay he could have kept him.

Flex Your Head

Apologies if this has been posted on one of the many threads already (I can't imagine it hasn't).

When asked about planning for next season at the Amex Stadium, the Spaniard appeared coy on his future.

"The squad gave me everything and it has been a real pleasure to be their manager," 41 year-old Garcia told BBC Sussex.

"We have dealt with a lot of injury problems this season, and I have to tell the players I am very proud of them, then we will see what happens."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27372761

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
That won't be guesswork at all then.

Lol i have no idea either way. I've just been updated on this by my dad who has just seen the report on the TV. Doubt its a exciting development but he seemed certain they are discussing this now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My understanding is that we offered him £7.5k a week, Palace offered around the £12k mark (may have been 11.5). Murray said that he would stay for £9k, and when Bloom asked Gus if we should pay him the £9k, Poyet said let him go.

For your info I got this from someone in the Murray circle so whether you believe it or not that is up to you, it makes no difference to me, but I have no reason to change what was said because there was no bullshit detected and it wasn’t farfetched and fanciful. More than that it wasn't something I woke up one morning and thought "Ah this would make a good wind up story for NSC"

Despite all the excuses Poyet has given about Murray in that story link, and I've seen it before, if he really wanted him to stay he could have kept him.

You're also forgetting the signing on fee which he got from Palace so it wasn't just the wages issue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here