Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Naylor declared war on NSC?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The Insider has responded to 209 questions on Ask The Club in the past 3 weeks, and there are composite two threads (one about travel and one about the SSC ramp up event)... he hasn't called anyone a MORON or STELLAR WHINER.

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
I think we should arrange for one our nice new away kits to be sent to Andy at the Arsgas's Ivory towers with the letters MORON printed on the back.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Although he's used the word 'minority' near the beginning, and near the end he does say 'the majority of Albion supporters are level headed'...

However the article implies that this 'minority' applies to all the NSC posters, and therefore 'the majority' are the ones who do not have time for this new-fangled interweb thing.

Which shows how badly researched his angle is. Every club has a small minority of idiots, as does every internet forum, football related or not. I'm sure even Naylor might have to concede this point, which makes his story a complete non-story, and a waste of newspaper print. Maybe they were struggling to fill column inches today, and Naylor came to the rescue....

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Have to say I read the Argus just about every day and always get something from it, particularly the sport. Andy Naylor is only one of several sports writers and it is not as if he has a monopoly on expressing an opinion. Okay so he gets paid for expressing his opinion, which means that he at least has to try and come up with a new angle on things. Contrast that with many on here who feel that if they repeat the same viewpoint enough times, everyone will eventually agree with them.

Sorry, I can't see much wrong with that article, a little ott maybe but we are talking about selling newspapers.

As far as I'm concerned there's two things he's done wrong;

1) Written an article about an internet forum. Not using information gleaned from a forum (which is bad enough) but actually written it about the users. That's incredibly pathetic. He's realistically talking about (and dismissing summarily) about 200 regular posters. I realise it might be a slow news day but it's pretty low and brings a whole new meaning to the word desperate.

2) It's incredibly one-sided. He doesn't acknowledge that the fans had any valid concerns, or that there are things that they need to improve at the stadium. He's also (seemingly) done it without consulting the club, who have said that the feedback has been very useful.

I've defended Naylor in the past, and I do think that on occasions it helps having an Argus sports reporter that doesn't support the Albion. But today he was well out of line, IMHO.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
AndyNaylorArgus Andy Naylor
Baffled and bemused by fuss my piece re: internet moaners has apparently created. Esp as NSC is not referred to by name #bhafc

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
"Take a chill pill guys"
Brilliant. Was that article ghostwritten by Cliff Richard?

Yeah, if he was really down with the kids he would have told us all to 'chillax'.

I dunno, its like he's stuck in 2010 or something!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can't believe people took Bozza's notice seriously. There are people at the Argus with a severe sense of humour failure.
Indeed. It was blatantly obvious it was a little joke. As if we'd lose a forum because of that twit (spelling?).

"The Argus has emailed Mr McKay for comment and is awaiting a reply. "
Take your time Bozza.

Calling us moronic is out of order. All large groups of people with free speach will include comments that the majority disagree with. To take those few comments and criticise the group as a whole is poor journalism. He might as well write that politicians want non whites to leave the country, and religious leaders think the age of consent should be reduced to 2.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Thank god were back!!!!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
You've got to love Richard Gurner's article. he 's taken one supporting post on the facebook page and milked it for what its worth. And the Naylor on Twitter is trying to come over all surprised that his piece caused some interest. This new social media lark really is a good way to present ones view of history.

As Piers Morgan said to that Tory back bench bint 'have some balls' and stand by what you wrote and that you got what you intended which is reaction.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I THINK people who MOAN, complain and WHINGE are complete and utter MORONS

Glad to see the voice of reason puts everything succinctly again. Long live your arse Ernest

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
oh no Naylor's written an article about NSC

Vic_Bob_Handbags.jpg

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
The truth is a lot of people have paid a lot of money for tickets the show of support has been unimaginable how many people thought we would sell 18.5 k season tickets.The club now have 20,000 customers to keep happy week in week out it's a completely different set of circumstances to withdean, if you open a business you are successful when you keep your customers happy and you rely on feedback, naylor is arse kissing the club maybe to make up for in my opinion a lack of journalistic ability to try and bag some exclusives.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Im confused, I know he is not everyones cup of tea but if you dont like what he said, get over it, we all have different opinions!! so what!

What i didnt understand what to promote him & his views more by taking down the site & stating it was permanent! if this is a long running joke i apologise but didnt get it .....:eek:

However NSC is back hello hello :rock:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Naylor saying his article was aimed at comments on the Argus website, rather than NSC.... naturally

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As far as I'm concerned there's two things he's done wrong;

1) Written an article about an internet forum. Not using information gleaned from a forum (which is bad enough) but actually written it about the users. That's incredibly pathetic. He's realistically talking about (and dismissing summarily) about 200 regular posters. I realise it might be a slow news day but it's pretty low and brings a whole new meaning to the word desperate.

2) It's incredibly one-sided. He doesn't acknowledge that the fans had any valid concerns, or that there are things that they need to improve at the stadium. He's also (seemingly) done it without consulting the club, who have said that the feedback has been very useful.

I've defended Naylor in the past, and I do think that on occasions it helps having an Argus sports reporter that doesn't support the Albion. But today he was well out of line, IMHO.

I'm not here to defend Naylor, but I do think that we are being a little precious about this. I don't read it that he consider all NSC posters are moronic...come on some of the whinging did get a bit ott for a few days after the game. I'm sure the club are more than capable of sorting the wheat from the chaff.

Some of the comments are truly moronic on the Argus sports website though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here