Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Gus said anything about Calderon?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
It seems strange that a day after Gus goes on 'a family holiday' we announce that Calderon has signed. Also, I can't find any comment from Gus about this - and bearing in mind that The Argus were able to get comments from Argentina on his linkage to Pompey I find that strange too.

Could it be that he had no involvement in this and his 'holiday' is a cover for him going away to consider his future?

I realise this is speculation, but it really does seem like a massive turnround - especially after the very strong way that he spoke about Calderon back in May. If this was just a ploy to put off agents from asking too much then that outdoes Machiavelli and we should be talking about such a move being 'Poyetian'.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
It seems strange that a day after Gus goes on 'a family holiday' we announce that Calderon has signed. Also, I can't find any comment from Gus about this - and bearing in mind that The Argus were able to get comments from Argentina on his linkage to Pompey I find that strange too.

Could it be that he had no involvement in this and his 'holiday' is a cover for him going away to consider his future?

I realise this is speculation, but it really does seem like a massive turnround - especially after the very strong way that he spoke about Calderon back in May. If this was just a ploy to put off agents from asking too much then that outdoes Machiavelli and we should be talking about such a move being 'Poyetian'.

The BBC site has a lengthy interview with Mr Poyet regarding Calderon signing the new contract.

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
it does concern me a little that Gus blows his lid - possibly due to the latin temperament in such fashion.

Yes - it's all worked out ok...but I still also have the Forster saga in my mind.

Mind you.....if you're softer and give the players too much rope, look where it gets you. (Orient!)

D

Deleted User X18H

I saw him at the Argus building he said ' eez ok I 'ad a chitty chat with Calde and I say I make him a capitano and he can go for a teatime with Peter Andre a theh theh theh'

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
it does concern me a little that Gus blows his lid - possibly due to the latin temperament in such fashion.

Yes - it's all worked out ok...but I still also have the Forster saga in my mind.

Mind you.....if you're softer and give the players too much rope, look where it gets you. (Orient!)

It seems to work ok for Ferguson!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Gus, Inhegoes, Us. Lost in Translation! :kiss:

macky

Dec 28, 2004
difference is he was on a work do before
now its a family holiday so not t ostrange at all
peopel are always trying to read things into things

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports