Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Has Graham Bitten Off More Than He Can Chew?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes, welcome to elite level football where you don't give the opposing side's manager a blowjob after the game regardless if he carried your children or saved you from burning house.

Impossible to know without knowing him personally. I do think he is getting a good reminder about why he thought English football culture was shit though.
And yet here you are with over 20,000 posts in three years on an English football site, full of English football culture. Presumably writing to people you despise beats knocking one out or being absolutely incapable on drugs.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Yep, all the great stuff he did for us was significantly negated for me the minute he f***ed off with very, very indecent haste to the first big cheque waved in his direction, taking not just ’his’ boys but ‘ours’ in the process. I am going to enjoy every minute of Chelsea crashing and burning this season (yes I know they’ll come out of their current slump and probably finish above us, but in the meantime **** ‘em, and if he’s still there next time we play them I’ll be giving him dog’s abuse)
This is the sort of thing that creates
Dislike even rivalry between teams
Feck chel$ea and their Yankee $
Quite happy to see them and Harry Potter implode
Initially I got it Chase the £ ok
But If they implode Can I not enjoy it
Especially after pillaging the back room staff That you didn't bring with you GP personally enjoying the entitled russian weaned pigs squeal

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Especially after pillaging the back room staff That you didn't bring with you GP personally enjoying the entitled russian weaned pigs squeal
Yep, brilliant isn’t it ? As others have said, that’s the panto.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Nah. I know you don't ever perceive it as such because its in the vains. I love some things about English culture - the dedication to music, the often creative and rowdy humour - but you LOVE pilling up on someone who is struggling or who you don't like for whatever reason. Beckham 98, Seaman 02, penalty takers in the 2020 final... just some of many examples. Rest of the world looks on and thinks "well, actually maybe you weren't overall that great to begin with" while you have your witch burning session against whoever should get the blame for everything. Holds you back really. The fear of failure is always greater than the belief in success.
You are seriously comparing this thread about Potter to what happened to Beckham after the World cup in 98???

If that was 'pile on' then this thread a a home schooler yelling 'bundles' as he goes out to the garden after maths with his mum.

'Oh is was brutal, then they said that Potter was one of the best managers we ever had, but they also liked the new one."

"One bloke also said he struggled to score goals after revolutionising our style of play"

I think your manlove for Potter is clouding your comparison skills my friend. Go have a lie down and gaze at your Potter posters.

You know, if they give him time he will be fine at Chelsea. If they don't his stock will still be high and he'll get another job. Dont fret about him he'll be fine.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yes, you're right. My final year BSc classes are keen and attentive. On the other hand I long ago refused to do 'year one' medicine tutorials because the students are a bunch of entitled twats, openly yawning (till I bollock them or chuck them out, whence they shit themselves). Perhaps there's a lesson there.....
You could get a job at Cobham. I'll be your agent.

In all seriousness he could do with a Chelsea ex-player on his staff who commanded respect. I believe he's back at the club.

Edit missed the ex-player off my post. John Terry :ROFLMAO:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
You are seriously comparing this thread about Potter to what happened to Beckham after the World cup in 98???

If that was 'pile on' then this thread a a home schooler yelling 'bundles' as he goes out to the garden after maths with his mum.

'Oh is was brutal, then they said that Potter was one of the best managers we ever had, but they also liked the new one."

"One bloke also said he struggled to score goals after revolutionising our style of play"

I think your manlove for Potter is clouding your comparison skills my friend. Go have a lie down and gaze at your Potter posters.

You know, if they give him time he will be fine at Chelsea. If they don't his stock will still be high and he'll get another job. Dont fret about him he'll be fine.
IF they give him time 🤔
That's the conundrum though

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
At the end of the day, football is a pantomime. You don’t just support your club, you dislike the chosen villains at any given time too. There will normally be a couple of long term targets but also a lot of smaller targets that come and go.

When I first started going it was Chesterfield and Scott McGleish. Since then it’s been dozens of different players and clubs. Southampton, Nigel Adkins, Mike Dean, Reading, Joey Barton and a whole host more I can’t currently think of.

Graham Potter is just one the current Panto villains. He’s a punchline, an easy target, the butt of the joke. But that’s it. Nobody actually hates them. Nobody is going to run up and swing for him in the middle of Churchill Square. Nobody is going to see Cucurella in La Galleria and drag him out and launch him in the River Adur.

Anybody trying to diagnose people laughing at Potter as anything for more than football fans doing what they’ve done for generations sadly misses half the point of being a football fan which is pretty sad.

I’ve said it about Cucurella and I’ll say it about Potter too. You’d have to be a sick man to find their situation funny, and I’m in critical condition :jester:
I'll delete that as I have been beaten to the punch by fleeter footed wits.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As an attempt to prep a chant for the manager.....it has a lot to be desired.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Jesus Christ.

Had a peek at the Chelsea forum.

My feelings have swiftly changed from schadenfreude to pity.

They despise Potter. Regard him as the worst manager in 30 years. As much as I love to see them fail, it's all a bit harsh.

Think Chelsea are just a horrible club with horrible fans to be fair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here