Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Dobbie actually signed for them yet?

No I'm not, I'm using the 18 people who lost their jobs to illustrate that the person who tried to score points with the living within your means jibe is a bit of a hypocrite.

Admittedly I followed this up with a jibe about how our respective fan bases reacted to people losing their jobs, but that wasn't what you first called me up on, or what I first reacted to.

OK, I'll try again.

Can you not see that the 18 unlucky people losing their jobs is the first steps to our club trying to live within it's means.

I would wager that before the move to The Amex the majority didn't even work for the club and after two seasons it has been identified they are surplus to the required employment level to run the stadium and club as a sustainable business.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
OK, I'll try again.

Can you not see that the 18 unlucky people losing their jobs is the first steps to our club trying to live within it's means.

I would wager that before the move to The Amex the majority didn't even work for the club and after two seasons it has been identified they are surplus to the required employment level to run the stadium and club as a sustainable business.

I've lost a job after working somewhere two years. It was absolutely horrible. I'm sure it makes good business sense, but that doesn't make it any more palatable. It's not nice to **** with people's lives like that, and if the staff weren't needed/couldn't be afforded, they should never have been hired.

But I agree, from where you found yourselves, it is the best business option. I note though, when it comes to Palace the best business option isn't relevant. We should have sold every player at the first sniff of financial difficulty, even if that would only have led to greater difficulties. Because, as far as the average Brighton fan is concerned, we deliberately nearly vanished as a club twice because it was all to our advantage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here