Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Has Big Sam been on the pints of wine again?

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
No time for the man but he got one over Gus. After a dreadful negative West Ham bored a 0-0 at the Amex there was a fair bit of chat from Gus about how dull and defensive Big Sam was.
Return match 6-0.

West Ham won their first visit to the Amex 1-0. Remember it well as it was my first visit to our new stadium. That so and so Nolan gave it the biggun' after scoring with his chicken celebration. Raised a few blood pressure levels.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Warnock must have had a liquid breakfast a day or two ago. He was telling Alan Brazil that Jack Grealish reminds him of Eric Cantona, on the football pitch.

Barcelona and Real Madrid are apparently interested in Grealish according to the red-tops:mad:

Wouldn’t surprise me, any top side should want Grealish, he is brilliant. Easily the best player in the premier league outside of the top 6.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Should this not be in the ‘Gammon’ thread?

Classic gammon rubbish where their world has to be black and white, according to Fat Sam, you either play long ball or tippy tappy. The truth is both Liverpool and City mix up their play with quick, direct balls when it’s the right time but they also play it out from the back. It’s hardly Segers lumping it up for Fashanu to flick on to Holdsworth. Or Jaaskelainen lumping it up for Kevin Davies to flick on to Kevin Nolan more appropriately.

Playing it our from the back is not “cooked” as the dinosaur puts it, it’s another successful tactic to be used along with accurate and direct, longer balls to turn over play quickly. Moron.

Too right. That's what long ball is. A consistent tactic of defenders booting it high towards large strikers, primarily to win territory.

A ball aimed to feet, or in behind the back line for a striker or winger to run onto isn't long ball. The difference is to do with the degree of intention from the passer to get a particular outcome.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Fat Sam talks a load of crap and is clearly a dodgy get, but I've spoken to a couple of top end taxi drivers who've ferried him around quite a bit and both said that he's a really nice bloke. Polite, down to earth and a good laugh unlike some other football "dignitaries" who are rude "don't you know who I am" type wankers.

These comments are clearly just self promotion, which he's always been very good at!

All football managers are actors to a large extent, I bet even the real Jose Mourinho has a soft side away from the cameras.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
was thinking much along the same lines :thumbsup:

Every time we hear Roy on the radio or on TV my son and I have a smirk at each other and the "Lovely little bicycle repaiwr shop........." line often comes out ("...and Pardew just ignores him...").

"Lucky old me!".

It's genius.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Every time we hear Roy on the radio or on TV my son and I have a smirk at each other and the "Lovely little bicycle repaiwr shop........." line often comes out ("...and Pardew just ignores him...").

"Lucky old me!".

It's genius.

Although since then Andy has done the Roy voice, and he's much better at it.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Although since then Andy has done the Roy voice, and he's much better at it.

Only realised today that they were doing Athletico Mince live, and in Sheffield. And it's sold out. Mind it was probably age restricted and the only person I know who'd go with me is the nipper......

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I find it hard to criticise any team for playing to their strengths - particularly if they’re top of the league by circa 20 points.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

"Lucky old me!".

It's genius.

'Wahwrrrrrammerr'

And that's not to bring Sean Dyche into it.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here