Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Barnes actually touched the ball in our last 4 games?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
There's certainly one player who seems to be getting a good deal - people are so busy getting frustrated by Poyet's crap tactics and signings that they're not noticing My Anonymous himself.

And you wonder why we don't look like scoring...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ah yes, I forgot about his weak free header from the penalty spot - apologies

At least he headed it down, unlike Hammond and Crofts, who headed equally good chances over the bar.

You've also 'forgotten' the 25 yarder that the keeper spilled.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

And the powerful shot the keeper couldn't hold, but Dobbie failed to follow up with? And a couple of crosses, including one that led to another shot on? And some decent defensive work and a fair few brilliant take downs of the ball? As well as being one of the players who could have won a penalty when he was pushed in the back, and won a couple of free kicks? Were you even watching the game?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

and the shot that the opposing goalkeeper had a job to hold onto

not much to do tonight then?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
At least he headed it down, unlike Hammond and Crofts, who headed equally good chances over the bar.

You've also 'forgotten' the 25 yarder that the keeper spilled.

ah yes, you're right. a long range hit and hope.

2 touches in 4 games then, is that right?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
He took a throw in from right in front of me.

I was admiring his pert buttocks for a good 30 seconds as he pivoted before throwing it straight to Emnes.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
And the powerful shot the keeper couldn't hold, but Dobbie failed to follow up with? And a couple of crosses, including one that led to another shot on? And some decent defensive work and a fair few brilliant take downs of the ball? As well as being one of the players who could have won a penalty when he was pushed in the back, and won a couple of free kicks? Were you even watching the game?

With form like that I'm surprised Arsenal haven't chucked in an 8 million pound bid.

Bet having Dobbie around must make him feel popular!

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Sometimes I feel a little bit like a hamster in a wheel. Going round and round, occasionally getting to the top to see a different view but then getting dragged back over to see the same old thing again. ??? :)

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
There's certainly one player who seems to be getting a good deal - people are so busy getting frustrated by Poyet's crap tactics and signings that they're not noticing My Anonymous himself.

And you wonder why we don't look like scoring...

Funny you should post that as all the negative bullshit on here I thought I'd watch the highlights to see if I am missing something. I can confirm Barnes did touch the ball and probably mustered our best two chances. Have a watch and see what you think.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There was also a counter run that was cut short resulting in a booking for a or player.

With form like that I'm surprised Arsenal haven't chucked in an 8 million pound bid.

Bet having Dobbie around must make him feel popular!

So, you've been proven wrong, and shown barnes actually contributed to the game and now are using sarcastic comments to distract from your own embarrassment. Well, I say your own embarrassment, with all the patently wrong comments you make on here I doubt you feel embarrassment over getting it wrong time and time again any more.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Sometimes I feel a little bit like a hamster in a wheel. Going round and round, occasionally getting to the top to see a different view but then getting dragged back over to see the same old thing again. ??? :)

What if Gus went with a 5-4-1 ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There was also a counter run that was cut short resulting in a booking for a or player.

So, you've been proven wrong, and shown barnes actually contributed to the game and now are using sarcastic comments to distract from your own embarrassment. Well, I say your own embarrassment, with all the patently wrong comments you make on here I doubt you feel embarrassment over getting it wrong time and time again any more.

The Charlton game is coming up soon. I wonder if Withdean Wanderer will comment on that?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

Have I been proved wrong? Well, yes, I suppose, if you took the thread title to mean that I genuinely don't think Barnes has kicked a football in 360 minutes.

What have we established he's contributed over 4 games then? 1 long range shot? A missed free header?
Blimey, perhaps we don't need to sign a striker after all.

The only thing that's embarrassing is leaving our promotion bid hinging on a League 1 strikeforce.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
How about some honesty? Those two efforts in this game are more than anyone else managed. Why target Barnes?

Because he's a striker who is underperforming. We're all pointing the finger at the reasons why we're not scoring, but nobody seems to be pointing the finger at our ineffective number 9.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Have I been proved wrong? Well, yes, I suppose, if you took the thread title to mean that I genuinely don't think Barnes has kicked a football in 360 minutes.

What have we established he's contributed over 4 games then? 1 long range shot? A missed free header?
Blimey, perhaps we don't need to sign a striker after all.

The only thing that's embarrassing is leaving our promotion bid hinging on a League 1 strikeforce.

Ok then. Thank you.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Because he's a striker who is underperforming. We're all pointing the finger at the reasons why we're not scoring, but nobody seems to be pointing the finger at our ineffective number 9.

Ah, I see. Has Barnes played up front in those 4 games then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here