Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Has anyone used temu or Ali express?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Look, if European sellers could produce the same goods for the same price, more people would use the more local sites. Why should I pay four times the price for something just because a bunny hugger say China is abusing the planet?

Do you feel the same about paying a fair price for an item so that the person making it gets a fair wage, as opposed to having it made by a slave?

We don't need 90% of the cheap shit we buy.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It's not a question of price. A lot of this is unnecessary plastic crap.

A golf ball retriever? Come on. I'm no bunny hugger and dismissing people's concerns as such says a great deal about you and not about me.
Never saw the need for such a thing previously, playing golf with snakes changed my mind. Sometimes I still use a ball mind.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Obviously, my need for a cheaper way to live my life outweighs the social issues involved. I'm not going to argue with people who have a social conscience and the finances to shop at places that sell the same goods at a higher price.
Maybe it's best I just ignore this thread
A cheaper way to live your life is to stop buying tat you don’t need full stop?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Look, if European sellers could produce the same goods for the same price, more people would use the more local sites. Why should I pay four times the price for something just because a bunny hugger say China is abusing the planet?
It really pisses me off when people go all Thunberg on issues like this....I'll become more environmentally aware when the alternative is financially viable
Buy cheap, buy twice my gran used to tell me.

Name me a product you wish to purchase and I’ll source you a more durable version which will be cheaper in the long run and better for the environment. Welcome to Tubthumper Temu!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

Name me a product you wish to purchase and I’ll source you a more durable version which will be cheaper in the long run and better for the environment. Welcome to Tubthumper Temu!
Pratchett's Boots theory springs to mind here

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020

Temu.. 4 posters , 3x A3 + 1 off 50x100cm all textured 'fabric' ( plastic) = £11.51 delivered
EBay.. Simple black frames for posters UK sourced = £38 delivered including £12 discount..
The only way to beat the Temu price is too give me some crayons and a bottle of meths...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Temu.. 4 posters , 3x A3 + 1 off 50x100cm all textured 'fabric' ( plastic) = £11.51 delivered
EBay.. Simple black frames for posters UK sourced = £38 delivered including £12 discount..
The only way to beat the Temu price is too give me some crayons and a bottle of meths...
Aim higher my friend

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020

Attachments

• 17249166642421914834348123939892.jpg
    17249166642421914834348123939892.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 17

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland