Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Has anyone on NSC ever owned an MG Midget, or does anyone own one now?

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
May I ask how tall you are? If you're wedded to the idea of a midget, great, but at a shade over 6ft 3in, I found a midget very cramped and a Triumph Spitfire a better bet. The Spitfire is about 3 or 4 inches wider depending on model but for me it was a more comfortable choice.

I'm really short, and can fit comfortably into a midget.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
My first owned car in 1994 was a white MG midget. Filled up with oil more often than petrol and door fell off the passenger side at
We Clackett Lane services en route to Orient away in the snow. A subsequent MX5 had all the fun without the headache

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I was rattling down the M40 on a summers night in my MGB Roadster when the off side headlight came away and just missed the top of the windscreen.
That was the point when i decided to look at a more modern 2 seater sports.
Tremendous fun though far, far removed from the modern car driving experience.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I suspect this whole thread is a euphemism ???

Gastrol GTX? Suit you, sir.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
My first owned car in 1994 was a white MG midget. Filled up with oil more often than petrol and door fell off the passenger side at
We Clackett Lane services en route to Orient away in the snow. A subsequent MX5 had all the fun without the headache

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
When we first met I had a 1969 TVR Vixen and Mrs Zef had a '67 Midget MK3

I'm nearly 6'3" and could comfortably drive the midget, they're great fun, and in good order handle well, quick accurate steering and nimble, they don't need huge power because they're light.

Cars don't simplet mechanically and they're hugely well supported by a large club and several spares companies

Gearboxes are shit, crash 1st, and its an engine out job to repair one, check carefully

Engines are really simple and easy to tune/rebuild service etc

Biggest thing is rust, just make sure its been restored properly, check a photo file, use a magnet, make sure its not been bodged and full of filler

A hard top is a good idea . . . . Makes it a bit more awkward to get in, but thats part of the charm!

Most old cars are smaller than modern tanks . . . . A MK1 Cortina fits in a modern garage, only 5' 2" wide

Not to be confused with MGB's which are lard tubs by comparisson

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here