Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has anyone on here applied for an Amex card because of the BHA sponsorship?

Hudson Hawk

Feb 20, 2017
Upper Beeding
Not because of but i have a rewards one and they have paid for my season ticket twice in the last few years by saving them up.

I spend everything on it, then pay it off at the end of the month.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I got one when the Amex opened, partly due to the tie in with the Albion, and also because it gives the best option for collecting Avios (formerly Air Miles) on a credit card. It's saved me a fortune in flights over the years, including my trip to New York in October this year, 2 of us, return flights, £447 all-in, that's £223.50 each!

I had one prior to their sponsership but I got rid of it because fewer and fewer places were accepting it (remember That'll Do Nicely Sir?!) due to their high fees to the sellers.

Nowadays amongst the lowest of fee chargers. The auction firm my wife works for finds Amex the cheapest, it tends to be more about how they collect their fees, rather than the rate, that some vendors don't like/want.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No, but I have gone out and bought things specifically because I liked the advert. I feel that if someone has taken the time and trouble to make an advertisment that has amused and entertained me the least I can do is see the creative team rewarded by higher product sales. As an example I used Compare The Market a few years ago specifically because I loved the early meerkat adverts. (Obviously I've gone right off them now as that dead horse has been well and truly flogged).

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I

Nowadays amongst the lowest of fee chargers. The auction firm my wife works for finds Amex the cheapest, it tends to be more about how they collect their fees, rather than the rate, that some vendors don't like/want.

Indeed and with so many shops using Square, Zettle , SumUp etc who charge flat fees it’s not really a relevant point anyway. I looked at this recently and 80% of my annual spend is on Amex , only 20% on my Mastercard back up

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I remember backpacking in a hot dusty part of Cyprus, up on the hill was a battered old red Coca Cola sign boy did I start craving an ice cold coke. That was another sale for them.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Bear with me. I was thinking this morning about feeling nostalgic for the John Player League and the Benson and Hedges Cup. Associations with John Arlott and great days out at Hove when I was a kid. Thing is, I have never smoked. Not even one cigarette. Those companies never got a penny out of me for all their investment in cricket. I now routinely refer to our great stadium as the Amex but don’t have an Amex card. I do think of myself as somewhat immune from advertising and have an ability to completely switch off during a tv advert break. So a few questions; Is anyone here easily sold to ? Have you applied for an Amex card because of the sponsorship or bought the products of previous sponsors because of the deal ? And do Amex and the others actually get a return on their investment ?

Is that an ability? I've got one of those then too. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here