Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has anyone ever listened to SCR for a non-sporting programme?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Just waiting for the day when we get:

SCR Presenter: ...and later we'll have a brand new recipe for toast. Mmm, lovely. Can't wait. Anyway, here on BBC Southern Counties Radio, we have as a guest the Secretary of the Mid-Sussex Basket Weaving Society telling all about how to make that lovely basket for every occasion. Welcome to the show.

Basket Weaver: Good afternoon, good to be here. First let me show you listeners how we take the cane... Oh f*** it. Just spunk it up the wall, you dirty chicken fiddler. Go rim some sheep for a bit. Me? I need to jack up for a bit. Mind if I use your studio...

Would have choking on my buttered scone. :laugh:

The Famous Grouse

Dec 9, 2003
I wake up to it:) It's on my Radio Alarm.....I like waking up slowly, music too harsh.:cool: I also listen to it for travel news.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Turned on SCR at 20:37, by 20:38 I could not understand what she was going on about, very much like overhearing a conversation between two women on a train: very natural, then the telephone number which I can never can write down in time ***** 57 00 57, by 20:40 and it was still waffle interspersed with giggles, and by 20:41 it was unbearable ..... everybody to their own taste .... I am sure a few guinnesses at half price will help .... :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Phaedrus said:
I wake up to Sarah Gorral, who's replaced JG presenting the breakfast show. She sounds quite fit for a Plymouth supporter. Has anyone seen a picture of her to confirm or deny my early morning fantasy assumption? She was banging on this morning about the travel girl being topless. Where's the BBC SCR webcam when you need it? She's definately under 60, I hope.

ITS ALL GOOD STUFF DEAR

I think you'll be disappointed - a face made for radio! I wake up to SCR for any mention of the Albion on the sports reports, but directly SG's son, Jacob (BLOODY JACOB!!!) is mentioned we switch off. Who cares what her kid does or says. The other day they had him in the studio (domestic problems) and you could hear him whinging in the background!! How unprofessional. It's usually about 2 minutes before we switch off. Why not have a SCR sports channel - Lees, Harty and Hawsey.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think I would go along with the Guantanamo torture theory: or how to drive someone insane in easy steps.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
sarah_gorrell_mike_270.jpg

Last edited:

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
timbha said:
I think you'll be disappointed - a face made for radio! I wake up to SCR for any mention of the Albion on the sports reports, but directly SG's son, Jacob (BLOODY JACOB!!!) is mentioned we switch off. Who cares what her kid does or says. The other day they had him in the studio (domestic problems) and you could hear him whinging in the background!! How unprofessional. It's usually about 2 minutes before we switch off. Why not have a SCR sports channel - Lees, Harty and Hawsey.

Gutted. Thank you for saving me before I fell in love though. Back to Classic FM it is (don't you just love the way they say "smoooooth classics")

"IT'S ALL GOOD STUFF DEAR"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here