Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has anyone ever listened to SCR for a non-sporting programme?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Sorry, folks. Just looked it up. She is actually 48. She didn't play Amy Turtle. She had a role as someone or other in Crossroads in about 1978. We've got some pictures in our magazine which I can dig out. If you really want me to. There is one picture of her in tight jeans aged about 21 (her, not the jeans), and she looks quite good.

Then the wrinkles and tedium set in.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
this is from the Radio London website. See if you can recognise her from this:

Her opinionated views and strong stance on politics earned her a daily programme for BBC Southern Counties Radio.

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
chips and gravy said:
She's never 46! She must be at least 60 surely?

I wake up to Sarah Gorral, who's replaced JG presenting the breakfast show. She sounds quite fit for a Plymouth supporter. Has anyone seen a picture of her to confirm or deny my early morning fantasy assumption? She was banging on this morning about the travel girl being topless. Where's the BBC SCR webcam when you need it? She's definately under 60, I hope.

ITS ALL GOOD STUFF DEAR

When it was still Radio Sussex, I used to make regular appearances on the Barry Johnston afternoon show - as a "studio expert" for his phone-in on ... (wait for it) ... public transport.

If anyone thinks that Harty's phone-in attracts nutters, you should have listened to the complete shite that we used to broadcast. Stuff like "I was waiting for the bus at West Wittering this morning and it arrived on time. The driver was lovely".

Amazingly, they had an audience for this rubbish - and it was very cheap to produce - although they've had to merge the various "local" stations into one big regional station to keep the numbers up.

Barry Johnston was a top bloke - a very competent journalist, and son of the great Brian "Leg Over" Johnston. He never quite mastered the trick of being interested in bus timetables, though.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Check this out from BBC SCR's own synopsis of JoAnne Good (who has a CAPITAL LETTER in the middle of their name, for christs sake ?)

She now reads 8 newspapers a day, is obsessed with current affairs but with no journalistic training, walks the minefield that is a Breakfast News prog, six mornings a week.

Some call her naive form of questioning endearing others call it annoying, whatever, she has an ever increasing audience. Brighton have labelled her "the media Queen" and she is never without a fist of puff pastry at some municipal function or other.

Divorced and childless she has a charmed selfish existance.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think the person who writes for their website doesn't like her very much ?

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Easy 10 said:
Check this out from BBC SCR's own synopsis of JoAnne Good (who has a CAPITAL LETTER in the middle of their name, for christs sake ?)

She now reads 8 newspapers a day, is obsessed with current affairs but with no journalistic training, walks the minefield that is a Breakfast News prog, six mornings a week.

Some call her naive form of questioning endearing others call it annoying, whatever, she has an ever increasing audience. Brighton have labelled her "the media Queen" and she is never without a fist of puff pastry at some municipal function or other.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think the person who writes for their website doesn't like her very much ?

The label 'Queen of Brighton' was her idea. No one else thinks of her as anything other than a self-important pain in the arse. Oh yeah, she also does yoga at the same classes as Daisy (Ms TL1), and she says she really likes people to notice that she is there...

Easy 10 said:

Not since Alan Cork described David Cameron as "useless" have I come across such a ringing endorsement of an individual by the organisation that employs them.

:lolol:

they should broadcast it 24 hours a day at Guantanamo Bay. They'd give in then.

I can get both Breakfast Live in Brighton (even worse without said Good - the new woman is just dreadful - no interest keeps wittering on about her wonderful time when employed in Cornwall etc) and breakfast Live in Brighton with the aural suicide note that is John Radford.

Apart from the spirts coverage (which is excellent and all down to Messrs Hawes, Hart and Lees) the whole station stinks. But thats Guildford for you.

my favourite bit is that the station in Queens Road STILL has JoAnne Goode's name plastered all over it even though she left months ago.

:lolol: :lolol:

Must do the morale of her relacement no end of good seeing that very day.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
chez said:
I always listen to Paul Miller on the way home from work 10pm til 11pm. It just makes me laugh, I never know whether he's actually as bent as a bank robbing copper or just taking the piss out of all the old people.

hehe, its so unbelievable that show. oooh, hello love,(old dear who's about 200 from crawley), well you're only as old as you feel m'love, yes, wasnt the blitz lovely?...and such like

oh and, bysie-bye

I think I feel sick...

Paul’s impish wit, gossipy style and naturalness have made him a top favourite of ladies of a certain age right across the South.

LISTEN

Radio Solent News
Radio Solent Sport

BBC download guide
Free Real player

SEE ALSO

BBC Southampton

PRINT THIS PAGE

View a printable version of this page.

Pint sized Paul is often submerged under a sea of such ladies when he appears at roadshows.

Paulie Fact
Paul was almost a TV presenter. He was approached by the company that made Channel 4's 'Big Breakfast' but decided that radio was his only love!
But the cheeky side of the man they call the Kenneth Williams of BBC Radio Solent also attracts a young following too. And to quote the 70s advertising jingle, Paul is as versatile as an egg.

Paul presents the late show six nights a week, sitting in the now famous broken chair. From Monday to Friday he likes nothing better than catching up on the gossip from across the South - in fact he insists that before anyone calls, they twitch their net curtains.

On a Sunday night, Paul opens the music club. He has access to one of the largest music libraries in the world. If there's a song that you've been trying in vain to track down, the chances are Paul can find it. Even if you can only hum the chorus or know the first line, he's sure he can find it.

Attachments

• paul270.jpg
    paul270.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 101

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I will reiterate Roz's earlier point. There are some BBC local radio stations doing some damn fine broadcasting and employing some excellent journos.

Better than just banging out DJ Sammy every 45 minutes.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
There are some BBC local radio stations doing some damn fine broadcasting and employing some excellent journos.
And there are some BBC local radio stations doing some god-awful broadcasting and employing some pitiful cardigan-clad presenters who's coma-inducing show's exclusive target audience are the blue rinse brigade, and those poor folk strapped to their beds in secure homes.

Each to their own though. I'm sure some find it enjoyable, in a quaint, rural Sussex tea-room kind of way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here