Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has anyone else's Natwest account completely buggered!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Been a week since it worked! I've read online that it's happening to Natwest customers around the country but the media hasn't mentioned a thing about it!
Something doesn't seem right!?

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Still waiting for money to go in that I simply transferred from my business account to personal account a week ago, normally its instant. Of course I am aware of the problems, but it is something that should have been dealt with by now. The branch on Castle Square don't want to know, and if its not in there by tomorrow then I would have to cancel my holiday as no spending money. Fantastic! On the plus side, Capital One, who are normally right buggers acknowledged the disruption and instantly refunded me £36 in late payment charges that I got as the direct debit was slow to go out.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
So whats the cause of it then? so far online I've read it's down to either hacking, technical failure or a financial collapse?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Still waiting for money to go in that I simply transferred from my business account to personal account a week ago, normally its instant. Of course I am aware of the problems, but it is something that should have been dealt with by now. The branch on Castle Square don't want to know, and if its not in there by tomorrow then I would have to cancel my holiday as no spending money. Fantastic! On the plus side, Capital One, who are normally right buggers acknowledged the disruption and instantly refunded me £36 in late payment charges that I got as the direct debit was slow to go out.

If I were you, IF you do luckily get your account back in order, get everything out of it quick! They've messed up your holiday, would you want them still in control of your earnings?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

Natwest have said that "no-one will be out of pocket" due to this, so on that basis, couldn't you get a loan to cover what you need and get Natwest to bear the costs of it ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So whats the cause of it then? so far online I've read it's down to either hacking, technical failure or a financial collapse?

Let me get this right - you have access to the internet but you haven't seen the new stories for the last EIGHT days ??

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Let me get this right - you have access to the internet but you haven't seen the new stories for the last EIGHT days ??

yeah, but what news story actually explains how this 'glitch' occurred and whens it going to be sorted? I don't care if I read a trillion stories on this, if none of them are going to tell us when this issue will end and what the hell is happening then I don't know a thing.
This situation 'glitch' doesn't look like it's getting better! I don't think this is just a technical failure!

RBS/NatWest Societe Générale Now Affected - Silver Doctors

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Been a week since it worked! I've read online that it's happening to Natwest customers around the country but the media hasn't mentioned a thing about it!
Something doesn't seem right!?

No, this sort of thing doesn't happen at Coutts

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

To avoid cancelling your holiday can you not just draw some cash on a credit card - yes I know you will be charged for it and have to pay immediate interest, but Natwest will have to reimburse this.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
told today my account should be all back to normal by monday

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
To add insult to injury after all of this, I got a letter through the post yesterday about an account I haven't used in 6 months. Somehow it'd gone overdrawn £10, but by the time they'd got the letter out and made me aware of this, they'd already whacked on £90 in charges, at £6 a day. Brilliant system.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here