Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has anyone else done a 180 on Dan Burn.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I disagree.

I also look forward to the closure of the transfer window.

Why do you look forward to the closure of the transfer window?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He was a liability last season IMHO

Which is, undoubtedly OTT IMHO - hence you’ve provoked a load of replies which you in turn have labelled OTT.

I’m not for a second saying he was great, but as a utility, asked to do a job, makeshift LB/LWB he actually did really well - not many CBs could drop in and do what he did. He made some mistakes but ‘liability’ IS far to strong a word for his contributions last season, very misplaced.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
He was a liability last season IMHO

fun-little.gif

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
CBA to read this thread.

Dan Burn is the most obvious of easy targets for the negative thickos who need a scapegoat to make themselves feel better.

Always clear to me that he is a very good player and highly valued by Graham Potter.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
CBA to read this thread.

Dan Burn is the most obvious of easy targets for the negative thickos who need a scapegoat to make themselves feel better.

Always clear to me that he is a very good player and highly valued by Graham Potter.

Yep, agree. He's one of Potter's biggest successes. The overreaction to his drubbing by Adama Traore was literally ridiculous, but we live in a world now where a 0-0 home draw with Leeds gets boos and calls for the manager's head.

Luckily, I haven't had to do a 180 on Burn. I thought he was good originally (for a 7ft CB playing as a left wing back) and it turns out that he's actually a bit better than I thought. Then again, I've never been one for particularly reactionary responses to players performances.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yep, agree. He's one of Potter's biggest successes. The overreaction to his drubbing by Adama Traore was literally ridiculous, but we live in a world now where a 0-0 home draw with Leeds gets boos and calls for the manager's head.

Agreed. I heard from a very good source he took the Traore thing very badly sadly and definitely affected him, but in the long run no doubt it has helped him improve mentally, physically and tactically.

No-one in our squad is the finished article so they're all going to go through peaks and troughs

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
CBA to read this thread.

Luckily, I haven't had to do a 180 on Burn. I thought he was good originally (for a 7ft CB playing as a left wing back) and it turns out that he's actually a bit better than I thought. Then again, I've never been one for particularly reactionary responses to players performances.

^ THESE ^

One thing I've always loved about BDB is that he is absolutely up for it in every game. He's not afraid to get in the oppo's faces and provides a bit of the grit we need.

Committed, does whatever is asked of him, sticks out like a sore thumb as a giant LB/LWB when played there.... what's not to like?!

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Always thought he was good too, he always gives 100%, he drives us on just like Webster, Dunk and Duffy, he has looked more agile of late, he is a big lump to turn quick but gives everyone he plays against a hard game.
My only concern is he can be a liability to giving penalties away as he is all arms, these Mr tickle arms swing around all over the shop!

This made me proper laugh, thank you.

I've always liked BDB (I'm a giraffe like him so, just like 2CV drivers, we stick together). I disagree with comments he's inconsistent, I've always found him both consistently Good and consistently giving his all and never hiding. Always loved a player asked to be a utility player at the Albion, a thankless job. He reminds me of El-Abd (another favourite of mine) who didn't seem much of a footballer but was coached and improved by a v good manager (and his coaches I presume).

Also loved the fact that he just nodded his goal in rather nonchalantly, classy Dan, classy.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think he's the type of character who is so important in a dressing room. He's a very uncomplicated player - he knows what his strengths are and he knows what his weaknesses are. Anyone running at him is terrifying, but he's got his strengths and he's done well when called upon. I was totally confused by his signing at the time as it seemed entirely pointless but he's more than proven himself a worthy addition to our squad. All the time Dunk is injured, we're reliant on Burn to play and hopefully he can maintain the current level.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Certainly not in agreement with your ridiculous assertion that he was a liability at LWB last season. Ta.

Ridiculous assertion. Really? Well I stand by it. He was a poor LWB. And is good CB cover. Cucu has admirably demonstrated how inadequate BDB was in that position.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Which is, undoubtedly OTT IMHO - hence you’ve provoked a load of replies which you in turn have labelled OTT.

I’m not for a second saying he was great, but as a utility, asked to do a job, makeshift LB/LWB he actually did really well - not many CBs could drop in and do what he did. He made some mistakes but ‘liability’ IS far to strong a word for his contributions last season, very misplaced.

Well I am sorry if I offended but I am not withdrawing my comment. As for the responses. They have zero basis in the reality of his performances at LWB last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here