Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Has anyone done something really stupid in the last 3 years and prepared to admit it?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Has anyone done something really stupid in the last 3 years and prepared to admit it?

Engaged in conversation with a nauseating repetitive broken record bore on the brexit thread......its like flipping a switch that not only never turns off but also increases the intensity of your mistake

Just the 3200 times. :lolol:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Retired early (50) but have slightly regretted it since. Lots of nice holidays since and a bit of voluntary work but I actually miss the day to day banter and laughs I had with my staff.

May have to get myself back into some part time work to give a bit more purpose to my days.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Retired early (50) but have slightly regretted it since. Lots of nice holidays since and a bit of voluntary work but I actually miss the day to day banter and laughs I had with my staff.

May have to get myself back into some part time work to give a bit more purpose to my days.

I did exactly the same and after 18 months was so bored that I went back to part time work teaching (completely different from my previous career). I do about 12-15 hrs a week Monday to Thursday and love it. It gives structure to the week and I can still do as little or much as I want and at whatever rates I want. Been doing it for 8 years now.

The best bit is spending time chatting with lots of 16-25 year olds. It really gives you great hope and optimism for the future after watching and listening to the depressing sound and sight of a significant number of cynical selfish older people :)

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Has anyone done something really stupid in the last 3 years and prepared to admit it?

Engaged in conversation with a nauseating repetitive broken record bore on the brexit thread......its like flipping a switch that not only never turns off but also increases the intensity of your mistake

Your biggest mistake on that thread is continually disproving your own argument.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018

Not sure it was actually in the last three years, so might not technically apply to the thread......but at some point i must have ticked "all" to email communications which unfortunately also includes womens bollocks.

ps. i unsubscribed to womens bollocks a while back but still get women bollocks in my inbox, the filter is clearly a load of tits.

I'm not meaning to pick on you, but, womens bollocks... Is this chicks with dicks?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not me, but there was some idiot on here who decided to stereotype anybody who disagreed with their personal view of the world as a 'swivel eyed loon'. He/she/somewhere in between (which is fine, btw) then compounded their attempt to look stupid by trying to persuade the rest of the world that he/she/somewhere in between actually knew that they all believed in unicorns.

Doubt if anyone can beat that. :facepalm:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'm not meaning to pick on you, but, womens bollocks... Is this chicks with dicks?

Bit last century of you with your gender identification.....why have you only gone with chicks with dicks?, could be blokes with tits or non binary with non gender specific bits and bobs or even something else.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Bit last century of you with your gender identification.....why have you only gone with chicks with dicks?, could be blokes with tits or non binary with non gender specific bits and bobs or even something else.

Because you said womens bollocks.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Because you said womens bollocks.

Umm, women with bollocks can self identify as male or female or another, blokes with tits can self identify as male or female or another, same with chicks with dicks. You really should bring yourself into the 21st century and not be so prejudice with your gender specificity.
Perhaps pick up on the English language too...Womens "bollocks" does not need to be gender specific when understanding that the application and meaning of the word bollocks is not being used in a gender specific term with regard to the context it is being used in when defining the noun, even if that is gender specific.
For example, if i referred to your post as a load of bollocks it would not imply your post was either masculine or feminine or even non-gender binary. Simply means your post is a load of bollocks, despite you being a jessy

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Umm, women with bollocks can self identify as male or female or another, blokes with tits can self identify as male or female or another, same with chicks with dicks. You really should bring yourself into the 21st century and not be so prejudice with your gender specificity.
Perhaps pick up on the English language too...Womens "bollocks" does not need to be gender specific when understanding that the application and meaning of the word bollocks is not being used in a gender specific term with regard to the context it is being used in when defining the noun, even if that is gender specific.
For example, if i referred to your post as a load of bollocks it would not imply your post was either masculine or feminine or even non-gender binary. Simply means your post is a load of bollocks, despite you being a jessy

Your initial comment made it gender specific.
Doesn't calling someone a 'jessy' have connotations of referring to their homosexuality in some instances? Says it all about you.

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Similarly I've been a stay at home dad/self employed for 11 years, I miss work, banter and earning a living wage.

It has been fun in parts seeing my son grow up, hopefully one day I'll look back. More favourably on that part, but right now I just feel like a bit of a lost cause, especially as business in the last few years has pretty much just died.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Similarly I've been a stay at home dad/self employed for 11 years, I miss work, banter and earning a living wage.

It has been fun in parts seeing my son grow up, hopefully one day I'll look back. More favourably on that part, but right now I just feel like a bit of a lost cause, especially as business in the last few years has pretty much just died.

The trouble is there is never the perfect answer. I've been retired 9 years now and yet still work part time out of choice and have two kids in their early/mid twenties. If I knew then what I know now, I would have taken a few years 'career break' when they were younger and spent more time with them, but then maybe it would have worked out differently and we couldn't have afforded to do some of the things we did.I always planned to take the whole school holidays off and go abroad somewhere with the family for 6 weeks, but it never happened. We just had our fortnight during the holidays.

You make what you think are the right choices at the time, and I'm sure as you (and your son) get older, the choices you made will look even better :)

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Is that a bit like being bias?

Perhaps pick up on the English language too

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham

This self identifying thing could be good. When she moans about my hairy back I can self identify as a grizzly bear & when i forget her birthday I can self identify as a goldfish. Get me out of all sorts of trouble. Sadly I will never be able to self identify as a horse!

Shippers

Jan 12, 2016
Picture this....

Waiting in my truck with my 3 year and 6 month old sons, whilst better half is return stuff to Argos. 6 month old is playing up so get out the car to walk round otherside to get him out car seat, as I shut my door the 3 year has his hand out his window and on the pillar, and his hand gets shut in door (closed door), he screams out and I open door and fetch baby out his seat. Curiosity got the better of me and can't figure out how the door shut/latch on his hand so as I walked back to my side holding the baby in one arm I shut the door on my other hand to see how it was even possible to latch. And it did latch, so now I stuck on road side of car hold crying baby in one arm and other hand stuck in door unable to do anything other than wait for other half to return to this fine mess I got my sell into.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Doesn't calling someone a 'jessy' have connotations of referring to their homosexuality in some instances? Says it all about you.

Not in my book, just means you are a wet blanket.......to which you are doing sterling work in showing yourself as a big girls blouse.
Stop being so oversensitive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here