Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has anybody been to Mauritius

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
Hello Guys

I am thinking of going to Mauritius for my hols. Has anyone been and if so any advice as to the places to go or to avoid.

:thumbsup:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Yes - went there. It is very much a resort island. Resort hotels (certainly in our case were not in walking distance of anything esle, not sure how general that is. Having said that we got out and about and explored and had a great time in the hotel and on trips out. Great for beach and sports activities laid on by hotel really.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My dad came back yesterday from Mauritius, he was a bit 'alright, but nothing special' about the place. I don't think he'll be going back there.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
yes. wouldn't go back.

we sold some machinery to a cigarette factory in pointe aux piments so when we went out thought i would tie it up with a holiday we actually stay at the dinaroben (which is fabulous and if we hadn't venture off resort i would have only good things to say) but it was a dull place, if you like the beach (and some of those are nasty so pick resorts carefully otherwise make sure you have a pair of beach shoes to wear) then it's ok but a lot of the villages and towns are slummy and dirty. and really, there are better places to go for beaches than mauritius.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Went Summer of 83,and wore my Albion at Wembley "t".Soon had games going on the beach in which I led the Albion to revenge victory.

Excellent place,nice beaches,plenty of sea activities.Some golf if you fancy.Some extremely nice curries,friendly folk,atmosphere.The Botanical Gardens.Fantastic scenery in the interior.

A lot centred on the hotels and their entertainment.

A decent holiday..........so if it's indecent you want try elsewhere!

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
ive not been and after peoples comments probably not likely to.

other options

maldives. beach and snorkelling , go all inclusive. kuramathi is a big island that has lots to do on it

sri lanka. beach . lots history exploring etc

india. love india

woiuldnt recommend langkawi

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here