Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

has any team ever f*cked up from our position

simply the best

Feb 23, 2011
theres a lot of people out there saying ''its not over till its over '' and the rest
but has any team ever screwed up from our points differences at this stage of the season , with the games in hand we have ???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Reading in 2002, had 72 points from 36 games (although they didn't have games in hand). We had 66 points from 35 games. They were still promoted but we beat them to the title, they drew their last few games whereas we won ours.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
all those chickens are NOT being counted by me just yet

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Preston, year on year failing to get to the prem. Cardiff in 2007 i think as well.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Newcastle blew a 12 point lead to Utd in 1996. Don't know how many games were left though when they had that lead.

silverwizard

Nov 10, 2009
In 1949 Southampton were 8 pts clear at the top of the old division 2 with just 8 games to play. With only 2 pts for a win in those days they still managed to finish 3rd! It took them another 18 yrs to reach the first division.

I think Newcastle had a 12 pt lead in January that year.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Burton Albion were 15 points clear in 2009, then proceeded to lose 8 of their last 10 games, and scraped over the finish line by drawing on the last day of the season - didnt blow it, but a massive collapse never the less

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
If we win our next 2 I think Promotion is almost a done deal.

saslowi

Feb 2, 2009
There's aways a first time. Until its a mathamatical certainty I will continue to live in hope albeit tinged with a certain amount of quiet confidence.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Burton Albion were 15 points clear in 2009, then proceeded to lose 8 of their last 10 games, and scraped over the finish line by drawing on the last day of the season - didnt blow it, but a massive collapse never the less

Didn't Rochdale do something similar last year?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Didn't Rochdale do something similar last year?

i was going to suggest rochdale

they were miles away at one point, but ended up scraping into i think third place which thankfully was automatic for them. they probably weren't helped by notts county storming across the line either

we still havent had our two biggest tests at home yet either in the form of southampton and huddersfield, so i think to say we are definitely up is a bit premature. hopefully it will be done and dusted by the time those two visit withdean

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here