Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has a Taxi Driver ever indicated ?

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Simster said:
Ooh controversial. I've been cycling the nine miles into the city every day for the past 2 months and in my experience cabbies are far more dangerous than bus drivers. I agree with Gareth, if cabbies do bother indicating, then it is as they are manoevering rather than giving everybody else any warning.

Generally I'm pro-cycling. It's better for the environment and it keeps you fit (I only live a mile from my workplace so I walk in).

But it really dicks me off if I'm driving and stop at a red light and a cyclist just sails through.

Same goes for when I'm about to cross at a pedestrian crossing and some arse on a bike goes straight past me.

CYCLISTS: Learn the RULES.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
But it really dicks me off if I'm driving and stop at a red light and a cyclist just sails through.
I do that all the time. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I used to cycle a lot, but 31 miles each way is a bit much . . . . stopping at lights n stuff is a good idea . . . .Ive seen too many cyclists squashed by big heavy things, not pleasant :eek:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Simster said:
So do I. Which way do you cycle and where abouts in the city do you head? - presumably up the A24 and then onto the A3 just past Stockwell.

If you leave home at around 7.45 in the morning the chances are I've probably seen you at some point!

I hit the A24 at Tooting and stay on until Clapham, I then follow the cycle route to Blackfriars bridge. We probably have seen each other at some point, I generally leave between 7.30 and 8.00.

Hope you're not the cyclist I had the row with two weeks ago :)

Lush

Mods' Pet
Simster said:
So do I. Which way do you cycle and where abouts in the city do you head? - presumably up the A24 and then onto the A3 just past Stockwell.

If you leave home at around 7.45 in the morning the chances are I've probably seen you at some point!

Ahhhh. Maybe you could cycle holding hands?????

Earlybird

Jul 23, 2003
Brighton
kevinsmith said:
As a Taxi driver I have to stick up for the trade. I personally always indicate but I have to admit there are a few who dont. The worst offenders on the road are White Van drivers

I used to be a cabbie, now Im doing the White Van thang.
And if I may say so myself, Im a brilliant driver! :cool:

Dunno what you’re all on about
:salute: :lolol:

The worst are the mums in the 4x4's :nono:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I must admit, when I started reading Gareth's original post I was reaching for my keys to go up his house to land one on his chin. Then I read the last line. Calm overtook anger (and not on double white lines either, or at 140mph)
The only time I drive agressively is when I'm stuck behind some stupid masturbater doing about half the speed they're allowed to do. If they can't do the speed, get a f***ing invalid carriage.

I always indicate when I'm turning and obey the laws of the road
*looks up whistling*

kevinsmith said:
As a Taxi driver I have to stick up for the trade. I personally always indicate but I have to admit there are a few who dont.
There's more than a few Kev.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Gwylan said:
I hit the A24 at Tooting and stay on until Clapham, I then follow the cycle route to Blackfriars bridge. We probably have seen each other at some point, I generally leave between 7.30 and 8.00.

Hope you're not the cyclist I had the row with two weeks ago :)
I normally cross Blackfriars Bridge at around 8.30 so it sounds like I probably might have seen you. I'll wear my Albion shirt next week - and look out for a grey Ridgeback. I did see an Albion fan at the Elephant two weeks ago so obviously I screamed "Seagulls" as I went past, but he was on foot with his bird. Probably not you then...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Everest said:
The only time I drive agressively is when I'm stuck behind some stupid masturbater doing about half the speed they're allowed to do. If they can't do the speed, get a f***ing invalid carriage.

I always indicate when I'm turning and obey the laws of the road
*looks up whistling*
I'm still receiving counselling for the 30 minute white-knuckle ordeal you put me through, driving to the Falmer demo at the bridge. Are you sure cabbies are allowed to drive on the other side of the road and/or pavements as and when circumstances dictate ? And I'm still unsure about this "only go back if they're still twitching" rule you have after that OAP bounced across the bonnet near the Seven Dials.

Just kidding mate, appreciated the lift :thumbsup:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Which OAP are you talking about?

Didn't you see all 7 in that first group? You really must pay more attention to the road.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Simster said:
I normally cross Blackfriars Bridge at around 8.30 so it sounds like I probably might have seen you. I'll wear my Albion shirt next week - and look out for a grey Ridgeback. I did see an Albion fan at the Elephant two weeks ago so obviously I screamed "Seagulls" as I went past, but he was on foot with his bird. Probably not you then...

I shall wear my Albion shirt next week as well and look out for you....if I'm not busy shouting abuse at the white van drivers and cabbies in the cycle lane at the City end of the bridge :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here