Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has a Taxi Driver ever indicated ?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
another beef whilst I am at it is why do Taxi Driver's never indicate. They somehow feel that they are exempt from having to indicate. I don't think I have ever seen a taxi driver I am behind indicate.

They are also allowed to speed at 50 in a 30 with no fear of getting a ticket.

Everest is exempt from the above statement.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If such people had been given indicators at birth, they would have indicated that they are a ****.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Taxi drivers aren't too bad (Ihave to say that, Mrs Gwylan's old man is a cabbie). It's bus drivers I wonder about: my golden rule is if a bus driver indicates left, assume he's going straight on or turning right. You'll be right more often than not.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
It's a little known fact that taxi drivers don't have to obey the rules of the road. I'm sure a law was passed several years ago that gives Taxi drivers the RIGHT to not indicate when turning, park on double yellow lines, cut people up at traffic lights and overtake on double white lines.
Same thing happened to motorcyclists some years ago. They got special dispensation to overtake on blind corners, go through red lights and exceed the speed limit by 50 mph and not get any tickets.
Van drivers are lobbying for similar breaks as we speak.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
.....or drivers of Rubbish trucks ( when they are not striking).

"Pull out and be dammed" should be etched on their tombstones

Oh and I forgot, Taxi drivers are allowed to stop in the middle of a street to let their passengers out, so blocking the road whilst some pissed up tarts rifels through their bags for money, even though there is a parking space the size of manhatten 1.75234 inches down the road from where he stopped.

Last edited:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
as we are on gripe of the day can I add my two-penneth.

roundabouts. If you are waiting at a roundabout and a car comes off the roundabout onto your road, you should have time to pull safely out onto the roundabout. That is how they work, you take your turn.

so do not accelerate onto the roundabout behind an exiting car and try to get in front of a car legitimately coming out from the same road.

Not brilliantly explained, but please just think about how roundabouts should work. I thank you.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dick Knights Mum said:

Not brilliantly explained, but please just think about how roundabouts should work. I thank you.

Did you design the magic roundabouts in Swindon?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Gwylan said:
Taxi drivers aren't too bad (Ihave to say that, Mrs Gwylan's old man is a cabbie). It's bus drivers I wonder about: my golden rule is if a bus driver indicates left, assume he's going straight on or turning right. You'll be right more often than not.
Ooh controversial. I've been cycling the nine miles into the city every day for the past 2 months and in my experience cabbies are far more dangerous than bus drivers. I agree with Gareth, if cabbies do bother indicating, then it is as they are manoevering rather than giving everybody else any warning.

That said, both sets of drivers are professional and generally speaking, not too bad. The worst driver is the dickhead who drives the 4 miles into work because he "can't stand public transport" and then couldn't give a f*** about everybody else. Swerving into cycle lanes, blocking marked traffic light junctions and dangerously switching lanes every 2 minutes in traffic jams to gain about 4 feet. All because he's not going fast enough.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
They do indicate, it's just they don't do it until they are half way round the corner anyway.

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
..............and another thing. People that are in a turn right or straight on lane at the lights. Your behind them and they only indicate to turn right (if they ever bother) once the lights are green and your stuck behind them. If I'd known you were turning right, I would have gone in the left hand lane. I always give them the V sign and censored: at them. 9 time out of 10 they look at you as if there is absolutely nothing wrong.

Wankers.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
First lesson at motorcycle training. Every one on the road is a fool and a potential killer.

From pedestrians to artics, every road user is treated with equal contempt.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Simster said:
Ooh controversial. I've been cycling the nine miles into the city every day for the past 2 months and in my experience cabbies are far more dangerous than bus drivers. I agree with Gareth, if cabbies do bother indicating, then it is as they are manoevering rather than giving everybody else any warning.

That said, both sets of drivers are professional and generally speaking, not too bad. The worst driver is the dickhead who drives the 4 miles into work because he "can't stand public transport" and then couldn't give a f*** about everybody else. Swerving into cycle lanes, blocking marked traffic light junctions and dangerously switching lanes every 2 minutes in traffic jams to gain about 4 feet. All because he's not going fast enough.

I cycle about eight miles into the City as well. Maybe I don't see many cabbies as I live in south London but I still reckon bus drivers are worse.

And not get me started on white van drivers....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I bloody HATE cyclists.
Pay some tax, get some insurance, or GET OFF MY ROAD.

*awaits indignant responses with barely concealed glee*

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Gwylan said:
I cycle about eight miles into the City as well. Maybe I don't see many cabbies as I live in south London but I still reckon bus drivers are worse.

And not get me started on white van drivers....
So do I. Which way do you cycle and where abouts in the city do you head? - presumably up the A24 and then onto the A3 just past Stockwell.

If you leave home at around 7.45 in the morning the chances are I've probably seen you at some point!

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
They do indicate, it's just they don't do it until they are half way round the corner anyway.

That's the most annoying habit. People who go onto a roundabout without indicating therefore leaving you guessing as to whether they are going straight ahead or turning right and then when it is clear that they are turning right and are almost off the roundabout, they indicate left, as an afterthought, to say they are coming off the roundabout. We've sussed that by now you prick!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
My golden rule is to never let a taxi driver out of a side road. He'll never say thanks and you can bet if the positions were reversed he'd not let you out in a month of sundays.

Of course my other golden rule is to ALWAYS let out hot honeys with a cheery smile:thumbsup:

kevinsmith

Jan 25, 2004
Portslade
As a Taxi driver I have to stick up for the trade. I personally always indicate but I have to admit there are a few who dont. The worst offenders on the road are White Van drivers

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
dave the gaffer said:
..... even though there is a parking space the size of manhatten 1.75234 inches down the road from where he stopped.

Dave, I think you'll find the corrected average is 1.25437" or 31.86mm . . . . .Brighton cabbies are also thieves . . or at least the c**t who drove off with over £500 worth of my records in his boot is :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here