Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harveys is ordinary

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
As a youngster I started drinking bitter. I used to like a pint of Tankard & I got hammered on several occasions on piss such as Double Diamond & Watneys Red Barrell. For some reason in my early 20's I changed to lager & have been a lager lout ever since. I just don't like the taste of bitter at all. I've tried Guiness many times as it looks so refreshing, but I'd rather drink the devils urine!

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I`m not saying its crap BG just that its ordinary. Great if you want to drink 6 pints but forget what you were drinking the next day. have just had some lovely beers and am going back for more tomorrow.

Beer with character and not just a easy, middle of the road ale.

I have missed your row n here with Volivoz or whatever but if he thinks Harveys is the best then he needs to try a few more ales.

I didn't say it was the best. I just disagree that it's ordinary. Succesive gold medals for best bitter and silver in the overall category last year kind of confirm that people who know about beer support my argument rather than BG who likes to avail us of his bizarre opinions on football, cars & beer.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
There are a few people who won't let themselves like it, just to be rebellious.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
I didn't say it was the best. I just disagree that it's ordinary. Succesive gold medals for best bitter and silver in the overall category last year kind of confirm that people who know about beer support my argument rather than BG who likes to avail us of his bizarre opinions on football, cars & beer.

You are right actually. It is better than ordinary but I still wonder how it wins quite so many awards.

Had some Cornish Knocker last night and that was quite superb. I have had 22 different bitters ths weekend (so far) including Harveys and I would rate it out of the top ten for sure, but then what do I know.
Hidden Pleasue IPA from the Hidden brewery and Mutiny from Rebellion where pretty damn good as well.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
There are some good brews in Cornwall. Well worth a holiday down there.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I cant believe how people are trying to compare some (very likely) differnet tasting drinks.

I like Harveys (aramada, old, best, hops of may etc), I like london pride, I like wheyfords wherry, I like Timothy Raylor Landlord and so on and so on.

In fact, I think I like them all with the exception of Directors :down:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I find the best canned beer these days is Ruddles. Made by Greene King these days unfortunately.

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Harveys will always be the tops IMHO.

After hearing the ten minute chat on SCR promoting the REMF, prior to the Charity Golf day, they rang Mid-Sussex G.C. to say that they were donating a nine gallon barrel of beer for the raffle.

Harveys Brewery? They're the badgers nadgers.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I have ex-inlaws who come from a family that used to live next door to the Blue Anchor in Coinagehall Street, Helston.

That's a place that does a good brew.

It's called Spingo & it comes in various degrees of strength, all of which are above lethal. I did most of my training at Culdrose Naval Air Station just up the road & it was a bit of a ritual to go in the Blue Anchor & "down in one" a pint of Spingo.

Some right old pointy heads in that boozer too!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here