Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty's phone-in

I think we will persist with Mayo, rightly or wrongly. Couple of mistakes tonight but no worse than some stray passes from Lynch. Mayo does come forward intelligently and link up with his midfield and wide men well, the goal at Forest on Saturday an example of that. Whether you could expect that degree of confidence from Sam Rents on his debut, well, that's a big call.

But certainly Kerry will be on his toes, the fact is McGhee during his time as Albion manager if he has found a credible alternative to Kerry, then Kerry does return to the bench.

If I had to put money on it, what could force Kerry out of the team sooner than Rents graduating as a first team player would be Butters returning and Lynch shifting to leftback.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Just out of interest Badger, what did Leroy say tonight? "Revell is TURD"?:D

Mayo was poor, but Revell wasn't THAT bad - didn't deserve to be singled out.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think a congratulations was in order for the team. We did eventually break Boston down and they had all eleven behind the ball, most of the time.

Why does Kaney pass himself off as Leroy?

BarrelofFun said:
IWhy does Kaney pass himself off as Leroy?
Homage to fellow West Indian-monikered Dwayne? Both goons par excellence.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Fragmented Badger said:
He started by talking about Revell, saying that he is the striker with the longest goal drought at the club, which was 421 minutes I think. He has been counting that up every half we have played since Rotherham! He said Revell wasn't the answer to us scoring goals in this league, and why have we not signed someone who is?

Then he moved onto Hammond, and said he would refrain from rude words tonight, but that he had been as much use as "a pair of sunglasses on a man with one ear." Typical Neil really!

To answer the other question gents, he has a long history of going on the phone in as just about any strange name imaginable. Don't know why to be honest.

He never fails to amaze!

:lolol:

Incidently, as i'm sure Harty is reading this thread - "if your Granny had wheels she'd be a bus" - TOP effort!:clap: :clap:

Last edited:

Fragmented Badger said:
He started by talking about Revell, saying that he is the striker with the longest goal drought at the club, which was 421 minutes I think. He has been counting that up every half we have played since Rotherham! He said Revell wasn't the answer to us scoring goals in this league, and why have we not signed someone who is?

Then he moved onto Hammond, and said he would refrain from rude words tonight, but that he had been as much use as "a pair of sunglasses on a man with one ear." Typical Neil really!

To answer the other question gents, he has a long history of going on the phone in as just about any strange name imaginable. Don't know why to be honest.
The best bit though was Harty explaining what a free transfer to him was :lolol: "Are you patronising me?" squeaked little Leroy :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
It makes me laugh when I hear this stuff about Revell, 4 games in and already he is feeling the wrath despite many calling him the white Zamora after Rotherham. I think he offers something different in that he can do a bit of everything, hold the ball up, decent touch and link up play and his movement if good.

The inexperience of that front line showed tonight in the lack of coherance and movement. Unfortunately the 2 players behnd them (Stokes and Hammond) are also young. It does need an old head in that final thrid to organise it. However I did think it looked better with Gatting, he has somephysical presence and you don't feel he is gonna lose the ball when is knocked up to him.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Leroy, Kaney whoever he is, is one of the main reasons I came back to the phone-in.
Its why I spent 9 years on a street corner selling fanzines, its all about Albion fans having a voice, whatever their opinion.
At the end of last season I admit that I thought it was time to give up, maybe the spectre of relegation and capitulation was a factor, but my situation changed during the summer work wise, which gave me the chance to give it another go, I'm glad I did as I think the content of callers so far this season has been some of the best we've had in the 8 years of the phone-in, as do the producer and the senior editor at SCR.
Keep it up boys, and hopefully the occasional girl! :clap:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Fragmented Badger said:

He sounds like a comedy genius.

As for your question about Rents. The LDV is surely the perfect opportunity to play him.

I didn't go last night so can't comment on the performance, but I would like to have seen McGhee give a couple of inexperienced players a run out to see what they are all about. Surely Loft is worth 90 mins against Boston at home in a meaningless cup? It's not as if our midfield is setting the world alight at the moment. And if not, well how about Fraser, Chamberlain or Breach? And as has been said, give Rents a run out. Lets face it, if he can't cope on this stage then it's probably best we find out now.
If the new youngsters given contracts are not worth a run out in a game like this, should we really have handed 10 of them pro contracts? What games are we planning to play them in?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lokki 7 said:
I didn't go last night so can't comment on the performance, but I would like to have seen McGhee give a couple of inexperienced players a run out to see what they are all about. Surely Loft is worth 90 mins against Boston at home in a meaningless cup? It's not as if our midfield is setting the world alight at the moment. And if not, well how about Fraser, Chamberlain or Breach? And as has been said, give Rents a run out. Lets face it, if he can't cope on this stage then it's probably best we find out now.
If the new youngsters given contracts are not worth a run out in a game like this, should we really have handed 10 of them pro contracts? What games are we planning to play them in?

Won't be so meaningless if we draw a Premiership club in the next round though, payday before experiments is probably the only way MM has a chance of getting some transfer money and forcing DK's reluctant hand?

Guaranteed we'll get a lower league dour Northern team next round though...away.

Last edited:

Icy Gull said:
Won't be so meaningless if we draw a Premiership club in the next round though, payday before experiments is probably the only way MM has a chance of getting some transfer money and forcing DK's reluctant hand?

Yep, I think the club took this game quite seriously because of the potential few extra quid a run could generate. Think those rose tinted specs of yours are on again though if you think any extra cash will filter into a transfer budget for MM.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
To all you Revell doubters, ffs get a life

Making the step up from non-league to League 1 is going to take a while to adapt, he has the industry and the passion, which gets him part of the way there, but you gotta give him 20+ games before seriously commenting about his ability to make the grade.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Icy Gull said:

Guaranteed we'll get a lower league dour Northern team next round though...away.

Then beat them and be in the draw with the Big boys from the prem,

To then draw Stoke. Away.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Wanderer said:
To all you Revell doubters, ffs get a life

Making the step up from non-league to League 1 is going to take a while to adapt, he has the industry and the passion, which gets him part of the way there, but you gotta give him 20+ games before seriously commenting about his ability to make the grade.

I thought he was very good last night, I love to see players sweat blood for us. Looks like he could potentially be another OGH.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lokki 7 said:
Think those rose tinted specs of yours are on again though if you think any extra cash will filter into a transfer budget for MM.

I was rather hoping that this mythical 100k could be used if DK could top up the piggy bank with a gate receipt from a big tie. Rose tinted specs? pah! I'm mainlining happy clappy thoughts and dreams now :)

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Harty, I enjoy the phone in, but PLEASE don't keep repeating the phone numbers so often. So OK you need to give them out, but not constantly.

Was going to call to 1) defend Revell, 2) comment on Stokes disappearing act (where was he last night?) and 3) praise Santos (a very good game, I thought) ... unfortunately the rental car I'm driving while mine is off the road doesn't have a hands free mobile. So unfortunately I was unable to add my twopennyworth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here